Besides U2, who are your pick-me-up bands?

dmway

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Mon the Biff ! Biffy Clyro Only band who have resonated with me in a similar way to U2 ! Love REM, The Cult and Stone Roses too but Biffy just have something more personable about them and like U2 they are awesome live. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Mon the Biff ! Biffy Clyro Only band who have resonated with me in a similar way to U2 ! Love REM, The Cult and Stone Roses too but Biffy just have something more personable about them and like U2 they are awesome live. 

For me it's the way Biffy not only write but play their music live. There's something almost cleansing about the raw, unprocessed way they perform that just hits you on the deepest possible level. Listening to their music has gotten me through some dark places.

• Subscriber

When I need cheering up, I like to rock out to some Bon Jovi or Bryan Adams. They may not be trendy, but I don't care :P I have two older sisters and a large part of my music taste was formed early on by listening to their favourites. 

And Muse have just started playing on Spotify. They must have known I was about to mention them next :lol: There are also some Powderfinger songs that are good for making me feel better. 

If all of that fails, there's always Amaral. "Salta" and "Marta, Sebas, Guille y los Demas" are two of the most uplifting songs I know. 

And I must give an honourable mention to Juanes :)

If after ALL of those, I'm still not right, I get the Star Wars soundtracks out :D

• Subscriber
On 7/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I get the Star Wars soundtracks out

It was interesting to read what you like.  I never would have seen the sountracks coming but why am I not surprised?    ?

Muse kicks ass!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 6/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, JCF said:

Yesterday in the car my little one asked for, instead of Les Mis, "That U2 song where they sing 'You are....walking on. You and I are....walking on.'"  How cute. Why, yes, five-year-old, I'd be happy to play American Soul for you!  

Smart kid, and so cute!