Jump to content

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 Blu-ray predictions


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

So most fans will know that U2 normally tends to film a show on their current tour for home video release rather late into a tour, and during a time when they're playing a city with multiple nights; 1st night is a dress rehearsal, 2nd night is the show that gets released. Some occasions they've authorized a home video cut made up of both nights.

Being that the entire 2nd (and final) leg of the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 is made up of cities with 2-4 days, makes it hard to pinpoint where the band will shoot. But it will be fun to predict.

So I'm predicting Dublin. Let's see your predictions for #U2eiTour

Edited by Arngrim
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

This is a good topic! ?

I'll predict one (or more) of the MSG shows - they have done Boston, Chicago, and LA on DVD (and BluRay, for LA anyway) already, and they haven't kept it a secret how much they like playing in NYC at MSG.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I'm hoping it's London, although given that I'm going on night 1 it'd probably consist mainly of night 2. 

Although that said, are they actually going to do a DVD for this tour? They didn't do one for the Joshua Tree tour so I get the feeling they're falling out of the habit a bit.

Edited by peterferris8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
30 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

I'm hoping it's London, although given that I'm going on night 1 it'd probably consist mainly of night 2. 

Although that said, are they actually going to do a DVD for this tour? They didn't do one for the Joshua Tree tour so I get the feeling they're falling out of the habit a bit.

Anton Corbijn filmed some shows during the South American leg for release. I suspect the reason the band haven't released it yet is because they wouldn't want sales of that product to distract from what they are doing currently. May want to wait a bit after the innocence + experience era comes to a close.

I wouldn't put it past them to release a show from the current tour. I thought during 2016 that shooting & releasing the Paris show was jumping the gun too early... that is until this current tour was announced, then I understood it to be a seperate tour in the i+e era. so that the shows would be different in different ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I can’t wait for the JT live DVD. Just this morning Facebook reminded me that on this day a year ago we saw the show in Chicago - we spent a few minutes watching videos I’d taken. It took my breath away all over again... those shows were really special AND we got to see “A Sort Of Homecoming” LA night 1 which was really fantastic. I was bummed they didn’t keep with that for the tour consistently. 

 

Edited to add on OT: I also look forward to the e+i DVD. Hopefully they film a night that includes Red Flag Day!

Edited by lukylsp
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 6/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, Arngrim said:

Anton Corbijn filmed some shows during the South American leg for release. I suspect the reason the band haven't released it yet is because they wouldn't want sales of that product to distract from what they are doing currently. May want to wait a bit after the innocence + experience era comes to a close.

I wouldn't put it past them to release a show from the current tour. I thought during 2016 that shooting & releasing the Paris show was jumping the gun too early... that is until this current tour was announced, then I understood it to be a seperate tour in the i+e era. so that the shows would be different in different ways.

Interesting. So would a Joshua Tree show and an E&I show come together as one package? Something like "U2 Live: 2017/18"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I imagine the JT tour will be released in time for Christmas.

There will probably be dates early next year for places like Australia and other countries not visited on the i&e tour. Am guessing the dvd will come out after these dates and maybe filmed in one of these places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, peterferris8 said:

Interesting. So would a Joshua Tree show and an E&I show come together as one package? Something like "U2 Live: 2017/18"?

I figure the i+e and e+i shows would likely get the package, if there is a package to be made. TJT Tour 2017 would likely be a standalone release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 6/2/2018 at 9:43 AM, dmway said:

This is a good topic! ?

I'll predict one (or more) of the MSG shows - they have done Boston, Chicago, and LA on DVD (and BluRay, for LA anyway) already, and they haven't kept it a secret how much they like playing in NYC at MSG.

 

I'm going to add another prediction for this.

I still think that one of the MSG shows is slightly more likely than most to be considered; however, considering the more nakedly-political thrust (in the socially-conscious sense, not strictly 'party politics') of this current tour, I would also suggest that Washington, D.C. would be quite appropriate as well. Apparently, DC was filmed during ZooTV but it was never (officially) released. This could be their time to try to release a show properly from there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, dmway said:

I'm going to add another prediction for this.

I still think that one of the MSG shows is slightly more likely than most to be considered; however, considering the more nakedly-political thrust (in the socially-conscious sense, not strictly 'party politics') of this current tour, I would also suggest that Washington, D.C. would be quite appropriate as well. Apparently, DC was filmed during ZooTV but it was never (officially) released. This could be their time to try to release a show properly from there.

 

"American Soul" being played in Washington DC... interesting thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...