The World Cup Thread

xrayjets

• Subscriber

On 7/9/2018 at 4:20 AM, pollyanna said:

WOW !!! How on eaarth is that possible???

When you spent part of your childhood literally living in the shadow of Lambeau Field-it's possible.  Green Bay, Wisconsin is one place on earth where it's possible. I now realize the World Cup is much, much larger than I had known.  I was once in Madrid when it was happening.  I could not understand the chaos it caused.  I was a pup.  I hung out and watched the games. Once the people realized I spoke fluent Spanish, I was handed red wine and it kept flowing.  I'm not a big drinker.  It does not take much.  I stumbled back to my room before the games were even over.  I did not learn.  Now I understand. This has been a very cool awakening.  

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, mich40 said:

My favorite World Cup song:

If you're not sure why...some info on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Put_'Em_Under_Pressure

???? II remember this sh***e.  Weren’t  U2 involved in this? Is that why it’s your fave?  I like thecheesy music.  “We’re all part of Jackies army... la la la la.”  You can’t beat the World Cup songs can you.  They don’t seem to do them anymore. Big shame.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, xrayjets said:

And I mean the only sport. Period. 

Pollyanna-this is what I was trying to say about Lambeau and Green Bay and the Packers.  It is the only sport, however; I was being a dumb dumb and not looking at a larger world.  I'll take this over the NFL any day.  I cannot abandon my Green Bay Packers.  Now that I've become enlightened, am I allowed both?  ?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

First half of France vs Belgium just finished on TV by me.  I see a +1 in a red box, to the right of the score.  Does this mean one minute has been added, due to time lost?   

Yes mate, 1 minute of injury time

• bigwave unfeatured this topic