Sign in to follow this  
jonboy77

GA Info for Boston Garden?

Very helpful. I’ll be in town (for the first time) and will make my way right over. 

Anyone know anyone looking for a seat to night 2?

What are "check ins"?? Usually line up morning of the show @6am to get number to line up later that same day??

Check-ins are a way to maintain your spot in line. For example, I got a number this evening. In order to maintain that number i check in with the line leaders at the designated times. For now they have been posted as 7-9 AM and PM for Wednesday. Day of show check-in is TBD, but typically it's an early line up to get in order of number. Then the venue hands out wristbands so you can leave for the day and return in the afternoon to order back up by number. 

I imagine the line that has started is for the Thursday night show? Any idea when the line for the Friday show will start? Was planning to get the garden Friday morning around 6am. Any idea what my chances would be to get a number below 100? 

If similar to 2015, then folks only going to the second show will start a lineup during the first show. OR it will be started by someone racing out at the end of the first show. These are merely possibilities, not guarantees. That said, this is commonly how it unfolds with back to back shows. 

I just received this email from the Garden. . .

*IMPORTANT INFO FOR GA TICKETHOLDERS: 
GA ticketholders may visit the West Entrance of TD Garden beginning at 7:00 a.m. on the day of the ticketed show to receive a GA wristband. GA Wristbands will be numbered chronologically and will be given to guests with valid GA tickets for that evening’s show on a first come, first serve basis. Guests with numbered wristbands are invited to line-up in chronological order NO EARLIER than 5:45 p.m. on the night of the event at the GA Entrance located on the West Side of the TD Garden, adjacent to Tasty Burger, at Stair 4. GA doors open at 6:30. 

44 minutes ago, u2fanforever1031 said:

Do you still need a wristband to get into the GA sections if you get there later in the day? I can't get there until later in the afternoon. 

I'm wondering this too.

I believe every GA patron gets a wristband, as this is what indicates to security that you have a GA ticket. For instance, if you need to use the restroom, staff check your wristband to let you back on the floor. My hunch is the early wristbanding is to accommodate the existing lineup (i.e. get them done early while everyone is organized), while minimizing stress on the staff later in the day. I would expect folks arriving later in the day to be given a wristband upon entry.