• Subscriber
19 hours ago, vertigojds said:

You are not going to believe this, but when I got to my seats tonight - the person next to me was the disappointed woman who complained all through Monday's show in the GA area.  I don't think she recognized me, but I mean, what are the chances??? :)

Wow.   I hope she was tolerable?  That somehow seems poetic. It would be my answer about possibly not using that GA and selling it, however; that is just me.  Did you have a great show???

• Like 1
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok - I promise that I didn’t ask Bono to pose for this shot, and further promise that this was taken on an iPhone (and not a recent one).   Bono wishes all of MSG and America a Happy 4th of

OK - I am far too awake from tonight to go to sleep (insert appropriate line from "Bad" here)... Those of you who were able to listen to the show know it was (to borrow a term I learned in the UK

Larry just tossed drumsticks to woman in front. Large guy reached over and grabbed. Larry looked at him and pointed to woman. Large man gave up stick. Larry don't play dat.   absolute idol!

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention it, but I absolutely love the acoustic version of "You're The Best Thing About Me" - I'm loving all of the live performances of SOE songs, even the ones that I didn't like as much on the record, but this one took the biggest leap for me.  I loved the idea of the song but I didn't like the version on the album, which to me sounded a little lifeless and generic.  But this acoustic version is sweet, tender and beautiful - it's romantic and soulful, and I love the atmosphere of them performing it with the lights dimmed.  The transition from Acrobat to Best Thing also works incredibly well to me.  That was the one that I was skeptical of just reading the setlist on paper, but when you're actually there, it makes sense.  And The Edge really shines as Bono's secret weapon - Edge's verse just sounds incredible.  I could listen to this version every day.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I wanted the electric version of You're The Best Thing.  I let it spoil seeing it live in Chicago.  I listened and kinda sorta liked it when I saw the show.  I was still carrying a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it being acoustic.  I loved it the last two nights as I listened in the live threads.  I'm glad you found peace after the first night's experience, vertigojds.  Wish I could see a pic of your facial expression when you first realized it was her.  Again.   LOL.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Wow.   I hope she was tolerable?  That somehow seems poetic. It would be my answer about possibly not using that GA and selling it, however; that is just me.  Did you have a great show???

You know what?  I did have a great show.  I wasn't sure what to expect, I was feeling a little "blah" about going, but the band really seemed to take it up a notch, and there was more energy in the behind the stage/side stage spot that I had on night 2 than there was on the floor spot I had on night 1.

As for this person, she was... better, but not great.  Before the show began, she used the zoom lens on her camera to zoom into Larry's setlist by his drumset and them screamed over and over that Gloria was on the set, which was kinda disappointing because I would have preferred to have been surprised.  She unfortunately took up half of my seat.  She had friends a couple rows behind her and kept turning around to scream comments to them about the show, but at least they were positive.  I got elbowed a lot, got my foot stepped on a bunch of times, and she kept trying to annex even more of my space.  So it wasn't the greatest neighbor experience ever.  But at least she wasn't complaining all through the show.  There's no doubt that she's a fan, but I wish she had been a little more self-aware.  I'm sure I've been guilty of being a bad neighbor before, but I really try to put an effort in.  Like, for my GA show on Monday, I was one person behind someone on the rail and I was determined to not try to worm my way into a rail spot, and tried to keep the people behind me from pushing me forward, so that I didn't end up accidentally pushing the people in front of me.  It's the little stuff like that that I think can go a long way to making the collective experience a lot better for everyone.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

I wanted the electric version of You're The Best Thing.  I let it spoil seeing it live in Chicago.  I listened and kinda sorta liked it when I saw the show.  I was still was carrying a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it being acoustic.  I loved it the last two nights as I listened in the live threads.  I'm glad you found peace after the first night's experience, vertigojds.  Wish I could see a pic of your facial expression when you first realized it was her.  Again.   LOL.  

I wish I could see that too!  I think I just laughed, because really, what else can you do?

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber

I think I just laughed, because really, what else can you do?

To quote my other favorite lyricist:  Ya just roll with the punches.  Oh yeah!

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

OK - here are some images (the ones that the site will let me load, that is) from my seat near the e-stage last night. (Tragically, I will have to post one at a time).

The first is Bono at the beginning of the show singing "Love Is All We Have Left".

IMG_0461.JPG

• bigwave unfeatured this topic