Track 1 No Line Difference???????

U2stargirl

• Subscriber

Did anyone that downloaded the leake album (and purchased the official one) notice the difference in No Line On The Horizon (Track 1 on the "leak"has a faster Tempo and Bono's voice is different than on the offical release.)

the version released on the Boots single is a completely different take from the album version, imo... I think the only tracks the two share are the Eno parts,the source material if you will. Not only is the single b-side slightly sped up, the drums and bass are more aggressive, and the vocals might have slightlydifferent lyrics. hmmmmnn... lemme listen to 'em back to back... I do think the drum loops used in the album version as the intro might be the parent drumson the b-side too... but I hear something new every time.

U2stargirl wrote:

Did anyone that downloaded the leake album (and purchased the official one) notice the difference in No Line On The Horizon (Track 1 on the "leak" has a faster Tempo and Bono's voice is different than on the offical release.)

Probably shouldn't be going on the offical website for a a band and admitting you downloaded a leaked version of thier album. Not thebrightest move i have ever seen. Personally i think you should be "booted" from this website.

Hang on there Zoo24...

Agreed, probably unwise to admit hearing the leaked version.

However, there's no need to be a self-righteous arse about it with your "shame on you thief" diatripe - who appointed you judge and jury of theentire universe?

I bet Stargirl was going to buy the album regardless and just wanted to hear it as soon as possible, and probably hasn't shared it with anyone.

I wanted to hear it as soon as possible too. But stealing it was not an option for me. The band intended for you to hear the entire album on the release dateand not before. I did not hear anything but boots on the radio until the offical release day. I have removed the thief comment just because it is inflammatorybut i stand by the spirit of it. She may not have knowingliy shared it but how do you know she did not place it in a shared folder. maybe even without herknowledge.

I do not fancy myself judge and jury but to go on this website and admit to stealing music is just stupid and hugely disrespectful to the band. Obtainingcopyrighted material without the authors permission is theft plain and simple. Illegally Downloading music directly hurts the band's that seek to profitfrom thier hard work.

Yeah, sorry Zoo24 I was just trying to defend her as she meant no harm and I misread the tone of what you wrote.

Of course I agree that illegally downloading music is bad for the band, I just don't think the blame can be laid with individuals. Having said that, Iguess it only takes one...

It's a touchy subject for sure. I do believe that responsibility lies with the individual. Your sitting there at your computer. You know downloading istheft. You click the button to download anyways.

Just because the apple is there dosen't mean you have to eat it. Granted media theft is complicated and the last thing i want to do is come off as"holier than thou" But again to admit such a thing on this website is just VERY disrespectful of the band. Especially with Bono starting to speak outagainst illegal downloading.

I think they need to reinforce to people the fact that it's the band themself who lose out - personally I couldn't give a piss about record companies.

People would have more of a conscience about it if they knew the bands were losing out.

Also, I think if you buy music online they should post you the CD case and inlay - sounds odd but I think that might appeal to people.

One of the problems is the cd itself. It is an outdated form of media. Thin as a dime sure,but round as a grapefruit. Who uses portable cd players anymore? MP3players have obliterated the cd player. The only reason cd's are still around is because of car audio players. Figure out a quick way to move mp3 to yourcar deck and make it universial and the cd is gone the way of the dodo. Just a thought.

• Subscriber

Yes, I definitely think U2 needs to release a public statement that says that anybody who as ever downloaded even a single track of their music illegally isnot welcome at any of the concerts, nor at the $50 message board. I think that they should even go a step further and if it is found out someone downloadedillegally, to take their tickets with them with no refund, and kick them off the site with no refund!!!

Its only right and to send the right message, you know, that it won't be tolerated. ;)

That would be a smart business move for them.