Need any info on Amsterdam?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, varunjay said:

Thank you for the information. Our last trip to Amsterdam was a bit hurried and we couldn't do many things. Would love to try cycling, Heineken Experience or maybe even Giethoorn day trip if it is worth the effort. Let us hope that we choose the right things. 

Giethoorn is quite far away, I think there's plenty to see and do around Amsterdam. Here's one insiders tip: take the ferry on the back of Central Station towards NDSM werf and you'll end up in a great area where a huge ship dock used to be. Now all kinds of nice restaurants and bars can be found, there's even a beach! 

Or take a train to Zandvoort, it's about half an hour to the beach. 

• Subscriber

I'm so excited to be coming to Amsterdam - 1st time! I arrive early on Friday. .My first Q: how prevalent is uber in Amsterdam? Especially after the show/post-show parties? 

I usually stay clear of 'all in one' passes, but the multi-day transport card seems like a good thing as does the all-in-one Iamsterdam Card (with transport built in). I did the math!  (Remember, 1st-time visitor so some of what I want to see will add up) .Good idea? * I realize the train from airport is extra*

Was planning on taking that ferry .you mentioned above! 

.While I want to see all the major attractions, as a 1st-time visitor, I'm gathering a list of neighborhoods to walk thru and less-touristy things to see and do.!  I love to just walk and walk and explore!

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, sped said:

I'm so excited to be coming to Amsterdam - 1st time! I arrive early on Friday. .My first Q: how prevalent is uber in Amsterdam? Especially after the show/post-show parties? 

I usually stay clear of 'all in one' passes, but the multi-day transport card seems like a good thing as does the all-in-one Iamsterdam Card (with transport built in). I did the math!  (Remember, 1st-time visitor so some of what I want to see will add up) .Good idea? * I realize the train from airport is extra*

Was planning on taking that ferry .you mentioned above! 

.While I want to see all the major attractions, as a 1st-time visitor, I'm gathering a list of neighborhoods to walk thru and less-touristy things to see and do.!  I love to just walk and walk and explore!

Since I'm an inhabitant of Amsterdam and we are all ride our bicycles I don't have any knowledge about Uber, what I do know is that you guys have to be extra careful taking a taxi. A lot of taxi drivers are ok and are member of decent companies, but there's a lot that work on their own and try to rip their customers off. Never ever take a taxi on the airport that is offered to you by someone in the terminal, just take the official queue at the stand. 

The all-in-one transport card is really useful, maybe better than the I Amsterdam card, but that all depends on the number of museums and other attractions you're planning to visit. Like I said you can even buy a ticket including train to/from the airport, but you can buy a single ticket on the train station. 

If you love to walk and explore try to stay out of the city Centre and visit neighbourhoods like 'Oud-West' (where the 'Hallen' are), from there you can easily walk into the Vondelpark and discover Oud-Zuid (South). 

Finally: when planning to see a museum, especially the Anne Frank House, be aware of huge queues that can be avoided by pre booking. Just visit the website and check it out. 

Enjoy Amsterdam, I know I do ?