• Subscriber
4 hours ago, ThePete68 said:

Thank you all for your tipps - as I really like the visuals, I think the view on the e-stage is very important for me, too. Could you please explain, where exactly the Red Zone is then (maybe with the help of the photo from sped, eight postings above)???

I can't find the exact map for the Köln venue, but here's one for Hamburg. The setting is the same. Stage (Bühne) and e-stage are connected with a catwalk with the video screen on top of it. The Red Zones are connected from the Stage into the venue. They provide the best view (that's why they're located at that spot), so being just outside them gives you a second best view at the screen.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-04 om 13.41.33.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanna say thanks to everyone here for the pleasant company over the past few months. This forum is like a breath of fresh air compared to the others I've tried - it's so nice to find somewhere

Setlist wise, the last four years have been a goldmine. We've had:  -At least one song played from every album  -The return of A Sort of Homecoming, Exit, Staring At the Sun, Wild Horses, etc. 

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Thank you so much for all your help, very appreciated!

11 minutes ago, Gogme United said:

I can't find the exact map for the Köln venue, but here's one for Hamburg. The setting is the same. Stage (Bühne) and e-stage are connected with a catwalk with the video screen on top of it. The Red Zones are connected from the Stage into the venue. They provide the best view (that's why they're located at that spot), so being just outside them gives you a second best view at the screen.

Schermafbeelding 2018-09-04 om 13.41.33.png

Thank you so much for all your help, very appreciated!

• Subscriber
On 9/3/2018 at 1:47 AM, ThePete68 said:

So glad that Cologne will happen.

As I am taking my daughter to her first U2 concert: where is the best place to stand (we stand inside, left side) to give her the "full experience" and a good view on the band "in person"?

I would stand on the "left" side (Edge's side of the stage) halfway between the I and the E stage - you'll have a great veiw of both and as the band moves on the catwalk. I hope your daughter has a great first show!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 9/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, jojes said:

Our ‘point of view’ at e-stage in Antwerp I+E 2015 ... no zoom used ???

I'm glad you made it.  I almost missed the second show in Chicago.  The stress was horrible.  I felt for you.  It does make the show have a tiny bit of extra magic after thinking one might not see it.  

• Subscriber

Yesterday? We didn’t have any problem getting there, but others got stuck in traffic  but made it just in time. 

The only stress I had was when I heard about Bono’s voice being gone ... waiting until we got news that Cologne would go on took a bit too long ?

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, jojes said:

Yesterday? We didn’t have any problem getting there, but others got stuck in traffic  but made it just in time. 

The only stress I had was when I heard about Bono’s voice being gone ... waiting until we got news that Cologne would go on took a bit too long ?

Yesterday.  Yes.  I thought you were having problems with traffic.  You took the train.  I must be confused.  I'm glad everyone made it!

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Yesterday.  Yes.  I thought you were having problems with traffic.  You took the train.  I must be confused.  I'm glad everyone made it!

Thanks for the concern anyway ????

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Gogme United said:

So, how was your daughter's first U2 concert?  

Although at the moment she suffers some serious A-ha - fever, she was kind of overwhelmed by the concert, because she did not expect such a multimedia spectacle. Before the concert she was quite concerned that they would not play her beloved songs from the Joshua Tree album, but after the concert, being given Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, City of Blinding Lights and especially Pride (where we were standing only 3 meters away from Bono at the round platform), she really was more than just happy. I think, this tour is not really the perfect U2 gig for "newbees", because this whole "story of my life"-theme had something theatrical for me, putting the story in the foreground and just using the music to support the story - really a very special experience, but I think the Joshua Tree Tour from last year would have been a better "initiation"-concert for her. What matters in the end is, that we, the father/daughter-couple, had a wonderful time yesterday and spent great 7 hours (including ride to and from the concert) together which we will remember for the rest of our lives. Getting up early this morning, in the bathroom my daughter was humming City of Blinding Lights, and she was still wearing the pink U2-bracelet - I think, this is a good sign, isn´t it?!? ?

• Like 4
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic