• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ThePete68 said:

Although at the moment she suffers some serious A-ha - fever, she was kind of overwhelmed by the concert, because she did not expect such a multimedia spectacle. Before the concert she was quite concerned that they would not play her beloved songs from the Joshua Tree album, but after the concert, being given Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, City of Blinding Lights and especially Pride (where we were standing only 3 meters away from Bono at the round platform), she really was more than just happy. I think, this tour is not really the perfect U2 gig for "newbees", because this whole "story of my life"-theme had something theatrical for me, putting the story in the foreground and just using the music to support the story - really a very special experience, but I think the Joshua Tree Tour from last year would have been a better "initiation"-concert for her. What matters in the end is, that we, the father/daughter-couple, had a wonderful time yesterday and spent great 7 hours (including ride to and from the concert) together which we will remember for the rest of our lives. Getting up early this morning, in the bathroom my daughter was humming City of Blinding Lights, and she was still wearing the pink U2-bracelet - I think, this is a good sign, isn´t it?!? ?

A great sign. Cool story, I'm glad I took my daughter to a couple of shows (Vertigo and 360), maybe they were more suitable for newbies, but the experience to be so close to the action is great too. 

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanna say thanks to everyone here for the pleasant company over the past few months. This forum is like a breath of fresh air compared to the others I've tried - it's so nice to find somewhere

Setlist wise, the last four years have been a goldmine. We've had:  -At least one song played from every album  -The return of A Sort of Homecoming, Exit, Staring At the Sun, Wild Horses, etc. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

ok, I had carefully scheduled my travel this summer to go to Berlin 1 with my son, and Berlin 2 with my daughter.  I live in China.....

GA for both.  for the second night I managed to be for the first time ever in front of Adam (I play bass) - sooo excited to not seeing China right in front of me, but Adam Clayton.  See picture.  

My schedule is crazily busy and due to the distance, I can only do two shows this tour (actually and the last one, as I lived under a desert sky before.   But then the date was announced in the one and only week where I was toying with the idea of seeing the lights of home in Berlin before Xmas. It must be fate!! A sort of homecoming, indeed.  

Now I have booked the flight from Shanghai to Berlin. You can call it madness, love or dedication or all the above. My wife thinks it’s the first.

Let's hope I can get to that spot again.  Still processing images, but you can find some from night one here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrdZpvf  and night 2 here https://flic.kr/s/aHskHgNcLh .  Happy to share more.

We can't wait now for the November.  

2018-9-1-ArendG7x-253 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic