• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the community delivers ?  

YAY.......I’m first in the Zoo GA line ✌️

in my (not so) humble opinion, ending a show with 13 is as powerful as it would be with "40"...

Posted Images

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Currently playing Heroes by Bowie. I was at night 1 at Twickenham last year, and when Bono started singing Heroes during Bad, I got bigger shivers down my spine than I've ever had at a gig before.

Me too. This is an excerpt from my concert review:

And just when you thought the song couldn't get any more epic, Bono went into a lengthy snippet of 'Heroes', which.... well, to say it was moving would be an understatement. I'm not even that fond of Heroes, but hearing it immediately reminded me that they were friends with David Bowie, and I realised how much Bono must miss him, and my eyes were full of tears. (I remember thinking this must be a new record for me, crying already after only three songs!) And like.... holy shit, I don't think I've *ever* seen Bono singing so passionately as he did at the end of that song. Just howling with love and grief and the thrill of us all being alive and together in that moment. Seriously, I defy you to watch the video from about 6:40 onward and not get major goosebumps - it's making me cry again as I write this! The energy in that room was unreal.

At the time I thought it was just the loss of Bowie that was driving the performance, but I guess I was nearer the mark than I realised when I wrote that description. A few months later when we heard about Bono's near-death experience, that whole "rage against the dying of the light" feeling made a lot more sense - no wonder it sent chills right down the back of my neck.

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
Just now, Max Tsukino said:

the more you know...

Haim are an awesome band, and My Song 5 is a really good song. I watched them play Reading Festival 2013 sitting outside the tent they were playing in watching & listening on the video screen and speakers on the outside of the tent. It was just before Days Are Gone came out and I don't remember whether they played My Song 5 or not but it was a good show. Oh, and Este has some serious bass faces.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic