• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

One of my best friends was on one of the last trains to leave Germany before Hitler closed the borders.  She told me to never think it could not happen again.  She's gone now and when I hear Beethoven, I think of her.  That's why it scares me, but then hope prevails when Edge starts the guitar of COBL.  It just happens without me thinking..  I don't want to say I don't know when I do.  I dd not want to post why when it's so negative but I'm lying if I say I don't know.  That is why.

Franco's followers want him resuscitated

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m in Belfast  ❤️

First u2 concert for my daughter.   

Ah, so excited. That's all for now. GB/UK/ BREXITEERS - who really gives a toss. U2 for me - all about the music! I will 'sleep like a baby tonight' and hopefully get to post a few comments tomor

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, mich40 said:

She was right. #womenoftheworld

And this is the show where I start crying like a baby when I hear Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way!!!   At least I'm at home.  I managed to hide it at the shows in Chicago.    Yes, take over!

• Subscriber

Hey folks. I've been lurking but I just wanted to mention that the Beethoven music is 'Ode To Joy', adopted as the Anthem for the European Union. I'm sure you all know that but thought I'd mention it.

• Like 3
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

One of my best friends was on one of the last trains to leave Germany before Hitler closed the borders.  She told me to never think it could not happen again.  She's gone now and when I hear Beethoven, I think of her.  That's why it scares me, but then hope prevails when Edge starts the guitar of COBL.  It just happens without me thinking..  I don't want to say I don't know when I do.  I dd not want to post why when it's so negative but I'm lying if I say I don't know.  That is why.

It's amazing what thoughts and emotions particular music can evoke.

A bit more trivially regarding "New Year's Day", when my mother and I heard The Edge's guitar solo during the song, we apparently heard different things. Like most U2 fans, I heard a wonderfully soaring and uplifting series of notes and chords; however, my mother always felt sad hearing exactly the same part of the song. Neither one of us were/are objectively right or wrong, just different in perception.

That's quite a thought that the live ending of NYD evokes for you though.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, edy said:

Hey folks. I've been lurking but I just wanted to mention that the Beethoven music is 'Ode To Joy', adopted as the Anthem for the European Union. I'm sure you all know that but thought I'd mention it.

and the famous Zooropa Tour introduction to Zoo Station :)

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic