• Subscriber
18 hours ago, mich40 said:

Back to dreams though....I’ve had dreams of Bono playing me new music before. And several dreams of just sitting and talking with band. 

Did any of the revelations come to pass?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a dream last night. I met Ali and introduced myself as Mich, the moderator and she said said “Yeah, I know your name. Bono talks about you.” That’s all I remember though....

I have bizarre dreams.  Last night I had my second U2 dream. I was on an island in the Mediterranean.  It resembled Mallorca. Somehow I had won, along with a few other Zootopians, a trip to this

I had a long U2 dream last night. I was talking to their manager, who in my dream appeared as my campaign manager from a political campaign i worked on 20 years ago, pitching a few ideas to him. One w

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, dmway said:

Did any of the revelations come to pass?

not yet, but never give up dreaming......

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

My weirdest U2 dream was also the longest.

My family and I piled into our minivan and went to see them live . . . in a small convention center on the side of a highway and accessed by a back road. There were still some empty theater seats in the back of the auditorium they were playing in so we sat there until intermission.

Then I don't know what was weirder, that I decided to use the men's restroom off the convention center lobby, or that Bono decided to use it too (something wrong with the plumbing backstage?). We met at the sink and chatted, and I wanted him to sign something but couldn't find anything signable before he had to go back onstage.

When we left, Mom either steered wrong or the minivan malfunctioned and we drove at high speed off a cliff overlooking the busy highway, but then the back wheels got caught on something and yanked us back hard so that the car was bouncing and hanging half off the cliff before the adrenaline woke me up.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I have had dozens of dreams over the years about U2. Usually around tour time, or after watching videos of them before bed.  The best are when I get a tiny show, like in a school auditorium, or when I just hang out with the band and become one of their friends - though they always slip away and disappear without ever saying goodbye! Once I even got Adam's cell phone number in a dream!  One of my favorites was sitting and having a long talk with Bono about politics and organizing, and all the work he's done, and my telling him what a gift he is to the world and, he perked up and said "Really? You really think I'm that good? That means so much to me."  

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, JCF said:

I have had dozens of dreams over the years about U2. Usually around tour time, or after watching videos of them before bed.  The best are when I get a tiny show, like in a school auditorium, or when I just hang out with the band and become one of their friends - though they always slip away and disappear without ever saying goodbye! Once I even got Adam's cell phone number in a dream!  One of my favorites was sitting and having a long talk with Bono about politics and organizing, and all the work he's done, and my telling him what a gift he is to the world and, he perked up and said "Really? You really think I'm that good? That means so much to me."  

That last dream is so beautiful, and you can remember what Bono said word for word? I hope it comes true for you one day. :)

• Subscriber

I had a good U2 dream last night, with enhanced elements of previous dreams.

It was another auditorium show, but this time I was in the front row, and Ali was there too. I could see her clearly this time, she was wearing an emerald green coat over a black outfit and she had pretty wavy hair. 

U2 had just played “Iris (Hold Me Close)” and Ali explained more of the song’s meaning to us in addition to Bono’s introduction, but I don’t remember what she said. Then she and my mom started talking and I decided to go buy some crazy-colored lipgloss that was on clearance because we were suddenly at a mall, and then I woke up.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

I love how the dream world puts together settings that couldn't possibly be sequential in real life (e.g., auditorium and mall in immediate succession). :lol:

I'd love to know what extra meaning Ali had to relate - that would be cool to know!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

My best U2 dream was one where I was Bono, not dressed up like him, not playing as him in a video game, but inhabiting his body with enough of my own self awareness left to realize that I was no longer myself but Bono. This knowledge didn't freak me out, maybe because I had more important things to worry about, like the concert U2 was about to give inside a playhouse that I loved playing in when I was a kid.

It was still a playhouse with slides, ladders, and rope swings, but there was also somehow room for a small carpeted stage, room for a decent sized audience, and seats for the audience and outlets for the sound equipment.

The concert was a huge success. The crowd went crazy as I/Bono rocked it out with a 2 and a half octave Casio keyboard. The keyboard was so small I could hold it with my right hand and play it with my left (there was also enough of myself left that I was still left-handed). I think we were playing "New Year's Day," and when we got to the solo, I stopped dancing around like normal on my feet, lay down on my back with my head towards the audience (thank goodness the stage was carpeted), and played a phenomenal keyboard solo while kicking my feet to the beat (I somehow managed not to kick Adam, Larry, The Edge, or any equipment) and with the keyboard balanced on my stomach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I had two more U2 dreams last night, but I can’t remember much more than that Bono was in both. It seemed to be backstage before a performance. These were consecutive dreams in the same place, as if the end of one was interrupted, then the second picked up the plot a little later.

I wouldn’t even bother posting about these since I remember so few details about them; however, I am struck by the fact that I have now had 4 dreams of them in a little over two weeks. Before the 17th of last month, I could count all the U2 dreams that I had ever had in my life on one hand and still have several fingers left over. The e&i tour seems to have had quite an impact on my dream psyche. ☁️ 

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, dmway said:

I had two more U2 dreams last night, but I can’t remember much more than that Bono was in both. It seemed to be backstage before a performance. These were consecutive dreams in the same place, as if the end of one was interrupted, then the second picked up the plot a little later.

I wouldn’t even bother posting about these since I remember so few details about them; however, I am struck by the fact that I have now had 4 dreams of them in a little over two weeks. Before the 17th of last month, I could count all the U2 dreams that I had ever had in my life on one hand and still have several fingers left over. The e&i tour seems to have had quite an impact on my dream psyche. ☁️ 

My most recent U2 dream only had pictures and posters of U2 in it, and more exciting for the fact that I could fly by running, jumping, and flapping my arms, but I was flapping my arms to fly to a fancy apartment near NC State campus to find somebody important for an important reason (I don't remember who it was or why) and this person was an artist with lots of paintings. posters, and pictures of U2.

• Haha 1