Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

On 11/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, CorkVegan said:

Confirmation email came Tuesday and the CDs arrived Saturday via USPS. The package is a cardboard envelope approx 10" x 12".

The discs themselves are housed in a photo book approx 7" x 7".

Nicely put together and the photos in the INNOCENCE section in particular jogged some memories from 2015.

Breaking news: @dmway now demands his music in lossy format! U2.com team throw their hands up in frustration. 😜

On 11/3/2019 at 3:14 AM, Manohlive said:

Lol @ Breaking News.  I was wondering where dmway was.concerming downloads. 

😄

When I made the big deal about lossless downloads in the past, it was when they were offering gifts only on vinyl and then lobbing an mp3 of the recording at those who don't want vinyl as an afterthought, as if it were some kind of "equivalent". Of course, anyone who knows even the rudiments of digital formats knows that mp3s are not an equivalent of vinyl - WAV files are pretty much equivalent, and of course lossless ones are superior to both.

Since this year's gift is on CD, no commenting on lossless files is really necessary. Of course, they would be nice to have, but the powers-that-be, both in U2-Land and elsewhere, seem reluctant to give away lossless files - it's a bit of a mystery: the songs are originally recorded losslessly, why not distribute them that way? (Answer: money, i.e., they would want more for them.) My requesting the mp3s for the remainder of the songs (since only 9 from the set are still unreleased in that format) was simply to appease those who are (for whatever reason) unable/unwilling to convert WAV files to mp3s themselves. That's it.

13 hours ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

I'm also still waiting and I'm in The Netherlands...

For me it is the same. Still haven't received anything: no package and no email.

Patience is a virtue .....

I completely agree with you regarding lossless files @dmway.

When you buy music from Bandcamp you can download the files in any digital format you wish. These days this should be industry standard for all music providers. If Bandcamp can do it I'm certain that Live Nation can.

Is there anybody here from Europe, whose gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

4 minutes ago, perymason said:

Is there anybody here from Europe, which gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

Where do you check your status?

I still haven't found (what I was looking for) ...

I have received the mail by u2.com but the gift not yet.My gift was skipped on 31st Oct.I am from Italy.

34 minutes ago, nocalimero said:

Where do you check your status?

I checked it using link to UPS.com site, with my tracking number. I've got this link and my tracking number from mail which I received from U2.com.

58 minutes ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

There should be a link on your profile page.

image.png

There's a link alright.

It just doesn't work.

☹️

45 minutes ago, ramsatw said:

There's a link alright.

It just doesn't work.

☹️

1 hour ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

There should be a link on your profile page.

image.png

Well, my Profile Page has a download link but no Gift Status anywhere.

Was is visable all the time for you? Or only since the CD was shipped?