2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

U2 Rules

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, pat_odwyer said:

They say my 'gift' is already shipped. No body answering phone today in US - Thanksgiving I suppose!

Really unhappy with the crappy resposne times and complete lack of assistance.

we do our best.

• Community Manager
5 hours ago, pat_odwyer said:

Also, I have had no satisfactory responses as to why the U2 online player does not work. Contacted customer service multiple times.

a few others have reported recently some media on u2.com not working for them, have started a thread in feedback so we can try to assist further 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/40329-u2com-media-player-issues-nov-2018/

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

we do our best.

Your efforts are much appreciated. The 2019 gift is so in keeping with the fan's wishes that I suspect the the mods had some influence and convayed the fan's input to the powers that be. 👍

• Subscriber

I'm not aiming by criticisms at the community moderators or Zoortopia members. I have a serious issue with the complete lack of response from U2.com /Live nation corporate. I get the sense they don't give a hoot as long as they get their money. It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player). It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Edited by pat_odwyer
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

I'm not aiming by criticisms at the community moderators or Zoortopia members. I have a serious issue with the complete lack of response from U2.com /Live nation corporate. I get the sense they don't give a hoot as long as they get their money. It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player). It's not acceptable to ignore EU laws regarding refunds for services procured online within 14 days. It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Well said. It’s hard to disagree with any of this.

• Community Manager
45 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player).

Reported to tech (who are investigating, and thread started in Feedback section so we can pass up details that might help solve)

• Community Manager
34 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. 

Not sure I understand what you mean here - if you are saying that some people just missed out by re-subbing in recent weeks, then again, best thing is for you / them to contact the Help team giving details, and requesting to change gifts - not always possible, but as you can see in this thread, some people have been able to do that just this week.

• Community Manager
36 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Again, if you can log all communications, PM details, then we can try to work out & hopefully help improve process (sometimes things take a bit longer than we all would like... but, that's why we are here...)