U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Yesterday the gift for the new subscription arrived! It was amazing...only 15 days from the arrival of the last year gift! This year , I think   will be of great surprises 🤣👍

• Like 1

I an totally disgusted with this fan club!!!!

The situation with the subscriptions is a total joke!!!

I will never subscribe again.......i’ll just pay slightly more & buy my copy of whatever gift is on offer in future via eBay from one of the many subscribers & fake fans who are offering copies for sale.

• Like 1

On the German Zoll issue - just to be constructive! I inspected that label.  The subscriber "gift" was labelled as "merchandise" with a value of 0.  Now, If I look at this from a very limited perspective, I would say "merchandise" as per definition cannot have a value of "Zero".  So perhaps next year, owe could have this either labelled as a Gift with a value of, say USD10 - which would make it less problematic.  Or merchandise with a value below 10 - but it must have a value (I am not an expert on this though, surely there are better informed people here).  But I understand that reasoning that ANY. merchandise cannot have zero value. 

Hope this helps and someone picks it up!

I have to disagree strongly, sorry.

Corporations, by law, cannot send gifts! It can only be labelled merchandise (we discussed this here on different occations) and then (there you are correct, twoshots) there HAS to be a value inserted. This is the only possible option - the packages had been labelled as "gift" up to this year and for that very reason I had to pick up the packages from the customs office every year but one for the past ten years... :(

3 hours ago, marcelwagenAAR said:

I need t renew my subscription in four weeks, when the announce the new gift?

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Please keep checking back. We will post as soon as we know something. 

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Please keep checking back. We will post as soon as we know something. 

I hope you're right, but..... I doubt that....  Soon for u2.com  means a year, is my experience. 

• Like 1

I think renewing the subscription is not for the so called " gift" but to feel part of the great family of U2.Actually ... in addition I have had the advantage to reserve the tickets in advance, to know a lot of people who really share my same passion.The "gift " or the " merchandise" (at least for me )is just irrelevant.

Edited by mariated
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have to renew my membership within 30 days.

How come I didn't get a reminder email from U2.com like in past previous years ?

Anyone else experience this ?

4 hours ago, mariated said:

... in addition I have had the advantage to reserve the tickets in advance, 

The presales for the last N.American tour was a total clown show. Paid up fans with early access were shut out and all those floor tickets went straight to the resale market. Most fans were forced to resubscribe months earlier than they should because JT30 tickets had gone on sale at the start of the year and it was deemed that their presale privileges had been used up.

• Like 1