2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

U2 Rules

• Subscriber

I had no problem getting tickets for either tour.  As with any sale, the people who did not get what they want feel it was a clown show. The people that got the tickets they wanted think it was run fine. 
Sorry you are so bitter. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

The presales for the last N.American tour was a total clown show. Paid up fans with early access were shut out and all those floor tickets went straight to the resale market. Most fans were forced to resubscribe months earlier than they should because JT30 tickets had gone on sale at the start of the year and it was deemed that their presale privileges had been used up.

• Subscriber

I see what you mean and it is not fine... but you know my experience in Italy as  a red hill  fan was quite different.For this reason I have expressed my point of view.I didn' t buy tickets for Australia or Asia but I did for Europe in the last tours .Everything is referred to my experience.

Edited by mariated
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gjachts said:

I had no problem getting tickets for either tour.  As with any sale, the people who did not get what they want feel it was a clown show. The people that got the tickets they wanted think it was run fine. 
Sorry you are so bitter. 

I actually had no problem getting the tickets that I wanted but many others were not as fortunate.

While I don't consider myself bitter I can see how you would think I was based on my response. I did second guess myself before I posted it because I thought it may come off as being too negative. Have a great day and stay positive. 👍

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Gjachts said:

Sorry you are so bitter. 

I have to disagree with you. I got exactly what I wanted for the 2018 North America shows. GA via a combination of the member's pre-sale and the Citibank presale for my family (2 adults & a 14 year old) for the show on Long Island and a single for me, right behind the main stage, for one of the MSG shows. I still think the ticket sale process was a massive disaster - poorly administered and no explanation of how the process actually worked. There was no reason for the lack of advance notice of the "minor" detail of "Fan Club Membership gives entry into a lottery for access to the first pre-sale." I lay the blame at the feet of Ticketmaster/Live Nation.

Yes, I got what I wanted, but it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I get off topic too, but could we please keep this thread about the 2019 subscription gift and not something from the past?  There are already enough problems for those who are still waiting for their gift.  Let it go, start a seperate thread or don't resubscribe. (or) Take the energy of past frustrations, put it into remembering those are still waiting for this gift and hope they get them soon. It hurts when people call the fanclub a joke, and such.  It's not true.

I wish they'd start calling the gift a bonus because it's only one part of being a paid U2.com subscriber.  .That being said, I hope those who have not, do get their 2019 gift soon. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 1/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, DJ4Ever said:

My vinyl gets more play than CDs these days... While I enjoy the digital download, tangible items are preferred.

I used to think so, but then Australia started burning.

• Subscriber
On 1/9/2020 at 6:33 PM, schisa01 said:

I have to disagree strongly, sorry.

Corporations, by law, cannot send gifts! It can only be labelled merchandise (we discussed this here on different occations) and then (there you are correct, twoshots) there HAS to be a value inserted. This is the only possible option - the packages had been labelled as "gift" up to this year and for that very reason I had to pick up the packages from the customs office every year but one for the past ten years... :(

Good point! 

so the solution is label it as merchandise with a value! Would that solve the Zoll issue?!?

• Subscriber

I am one of the people who's subscription ran out late last year, and was extended to January 31. I appreciate the extension while we wait for the gift to be announced. However, I noticed today that if i go in and renew, there is no longer an option for a $40 renewal. Now they are asking for $50.

So while I am subscribed until the end of the month, I no longer see the lowered rate for resubscribing.

Couldn't we just get an option for a "Unknown 2020 Gift" so we can just resubscribe already?

Edited by u2mom01
  • Upvote 1