2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U2.com’s law: the quality of the subscriber gift is inversely proportional to the probability of a tour presale that year.

https://www.u2.com/news/title/innocence--experience-live-2015--2018

Twenty Three Live Anyone predict The Troubles? Or The Crystal Ballroom?  Bet you didn't...but here it is, the complete tracklisting for our subscribers-only double CD 'U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENC

Posted Images

• Subscriber

This is the kind of issue that I believed the fan forum that was proposed by Guy Oseary a couple of years ago could gave addressed. Unfortunately nothing ever seems to have come of it. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

Still no announcement..... as predicted. 😏

Must read  an article on @u2.com!

https://www.atu2.com/news/column-off-the-record-vol-20-784.html

Well said!

Sad but true. I’m not renewing my subscription, I won’t pay another 40$ for a “gift” which Takes more than one year to rich me. That is if it will ever arrive to me.  Beside that “gift”, we got nothing “special” as part of our U2.com membership, so what’s the point to continue as paid subscriber?

• Subscriber

hi, why don't you offer the choice "choose the new gift to be announced later" instead of leaving the fans in that stupid wait.?

more we advance ,more this site is just a huge joke, incredible

Edited by paillade
  • Subscriber

Agreed.  

Previous years, they announced the new gift for January 31st membership renewals. This year, nada!!!!!!!!

Also, I did not receive an email reminder to renew my membership which expires January 31, 2020. In past years, I always received the membership reminder email at least 30 days or more before expiry (sometime in December).  

What happened this year ?????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Snakefish said:

Agreed.  

Previous years, they announced the new gift for January 31st membership renewals. This year, nada!!!!!!!!

Also, I did not receive an email reminder to renew my membership which expires January 31, 2020. In past years, I always received the membership reminder email at least 30 days or more before expiry (sometime in December).  

What happened this year ?????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I got an automated email on 1 January inviting me to resubscribe for $40 rather than $50 (or the £GBP equivalent) and to get last year's gift. Hmmm. Surely they could have foreseen that this issue would arise again. It does every year. And it's getting worse.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, paillade said:

hi, why don't you offer the choice "choose the new gift to be announced later" instead of leaving the fans in that stupid wait.?

more we advance ,more this site is just a huge joke, incredible

They did do this a few years ago, would be a easy solution as I'm sure a lot of us that had our membership pushed until the end of January a few years ago are all coming to an end.... would rather pay $40 then $50.

• Subscriber

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but as a long-time subscriber who will be requesting the 2020 gift in exchange for the repeated 2019 gifts, should I re-subscribe at the $40 level or the $85 level?  Will I be missing out on a double-gift in 2020 if I don't do the $85 level? Thank you!