2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

U2 Rules

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, mich40 said:

We are aware that the arrival of the 2019 gift has been very trying for some. I just wanted to make you aware of the potential consequences of what you are suggesting. In the end it is your choice, but I would recommend thinking about it before going that route, as it a violation to U2.com terms, and as with most things on those sites, they are rarely at their normal value. 

Well I wouldn’t be selling my gifts so I couldn’t be violating there terms and if I decided to buy it without having a membership there is literally nothing u2.com can do about it. I’ve got my 2019 gift already, hopefully going forward I continue to receive the gifts not long after they’ve shipped but if I still hadn’t received a gift 8 or 9 months after they claimed they would start shipping (in the spring was the initial comment) and was receiving poor or no communication back I would be asking for a refund and seeing if I could get it for a sensible price elsewhere. U2.com can’t hold subscribers to certain standards about reselling things when they can’t meet the correct standards themselves. 

• Subscriber

I still haven't got what I paid for! huhuhu 😪 Just emailed the fanclub for an update, they said it was already shipped but can't confirm shipment date as they changed systems. When I asked how long does it usually take to ship, they mentioned that it was out of stock & can't guarantee when they would have again

• Subscriber
On 2/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Dean Allison said:

there is literally nothing u2.com can do about it.

That still does not make it right.  Buying/supporting illegal sales contributes to a larger mess.  In the end, who wins?  All it does is cause more problems and raise the price for everyone else. .I do not understand this mentality.  I find it extremely irritating.  

Also, some fans find, copy, paste and report illegal sales of U2 tickets and merchandise.  

On 2/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Dean Allison said:

I’ve got my 2019 gift already

Good for you, and I mean it.  Many do not have the 2019 gift.  I keep coming into these threads hoping to see posts that they've finally received their CD's. 

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

That still does not make it right.  Buying/supporting illegal sales contributes to a larger mess.  In the end, who wins?  All it does is cause more problems and raise the price for everyone else. .I do not understand this mentality.  I find it extremely irritating.  

Also, some fans find, copy, paste and report illegal sales of U2 tickets and merchandise.  

Good for you, and I mean it.  Many do not have the 2019 gift.  I keep coming into these threads hoping to see posts that they've finally received their CD's. 

It’s still nonsense to call it an illegal sale. Just because u2.com tell you not to sell it doesn’t make it illegal. Do I agree with people selling the item for a high cost? No, but ultimately people shouldn’t pay too much for it. But if someone wants to sell there fan club gift to recover some of the subscription cost at a fair price then I say fair play they’ve already given u2.com there money and some other fans might not want a subscription but just to have the gift so it’s a win win. 

I also see plenty of fans saying they haven’t received the gift yet and that’s why I say u2.com are in no position to tell people not to sell the fan club gift which is merely a u2.com standard when they can’t live up to an acceptable standard. They would get more subscribers if they did things right. Ultimately someone going on to ebay and paying the exact same amount for the gift of a trusted seller knowing they’ll receive the item in a short space of time sounds more appealing than getting a subscription and having to hope to be one of the lucky ones that gets there gift in reasonable time and receiving little to no communication about delivery in the mean time. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

then I say fair play

We disagree.  It seems as simple as that.  No worries.  I wish you peace and all the good thngs in life.  We simply disagree. Part of our subscrrption is being able to post our opinions in these threads and be cool with each other.  I'm glad you have your 2019 gift,  I hope this is soon true for all subscribers..  

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

We disagree.  It seems as simple as that.  No worries.  I wish you peace and all the good thngs in life.  We simply disagree. Part of our subscrrption is being able to post our opinions in these threads and be cool with each other.  I'm glad you have your 2019 gift,  I hope this is soon true for all subscribers..  

I’m more than happy to agree to disagree and offer you all the best in return. Ideally u2.com would do things better and we probably wouldn’t be having the discussion in the first place. Hopefully they get it right with this years gift, we’re due an announcement on dispatch soon for starters and yes I hope all subscribers have there 2019 gift soon as well. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, jorgefilipe said:

Still waiting for my 2019 gift. And thinking about not renewing my subscription. I live in Brazil (where US$ 50 is a lot) and once I've paid that for a gift I haven't received, all I have to say is that I'm very upset with U2.com/Live Nation.

The same here: I'm from Brazil and haven't received my gift yet. I subscribed in January 2019 and my order is still backordered. And I'm very worried because of the 2020 regulation changes on importations in Brazil, now we need the tracking number (which U2.com does not provide us) or the package must have our CPF on it :(

• Subscriber

I am still waiting for my 2019 gift here in Canada. I have emailed the "help" line twice and have been ignored. I believe that if the band were to hear of how their true fans are being treated they would be very upset. How can we get this message to them? I, for one, will NOT renew my fan subscription. After almost 40 years, over 50 shows in multiple countries and countless dollars spent on my favourite band I deserve better. We all do.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dagger99 said:

I am still waiting for my 2019 gift here in Canada. I have emailed the "help" line twice and have been ignored. I believe that if the band were to hear of how their true fans are being treated they would be very upset. How can we get this message to them? I, for one, will NOT renew my fan subscription. After almost 40 years, over 50 shows in multiple countries and countless dollars spent on my favourite band I deserve better. We all do.

I am still Waiting for my 2019 gift here in România. I resubscribed back in November 2018, that is more than 1 year and 3 months ago and haven’t received the gift yet.

I informed U2 costumer service about that issue in December 2019 and they promised the problem will be solved soon which of course didn’t happened.

I recontacted them 2 days ago and they didn’t bother to reply. What can I Say? This is not right, people spend hard earn money on their favorurite band and expect respect and quality service for that. 

Unfortunately that is not the case regarding U2.com/LiveNation

Edited by bacadorina