dmway

R.I.P. Thread

10 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

RIP Terry Jones

Many, many laughs

I'm in shock and I don't even follow basketball. Kobe Bryant was one of those players that even non-fans like me had heard about - he had *that* much of an impact. Horrible, horrible news. 

We haven't even finished January yet and already the Grim Reaper needs to take a break. I hope this year isn't going to turn out like 2016, where it seemed like we lost someone every week :(

• Like 1

I agree - years like 2016 should stay far away. I'm still wobbly from the beginning of that year.

I can't add anymore to what everyone has been saying on TV and here; it increases, rationally or not, my suspicions about that particular mode of transportation. My heart also goes out to his daughter who was on the helicopter with him and the other 7 people who perished in the crash. I also can't imagine what Kobe's wife and their surviving children must be feeling right now. It seems so senseless.

R.I.P., Kobe, a truly great person and athlete.

57 minutes ago, dmway said:

I also can't imagine what Kobe's wife and their surviving children must be feeling right now. It seems so senseless.

Neither can I.  

1 hour ago, dmway said:

my suspicions about that particular mode of transportation.

Helicopters do seem to be crashing a lot these days.  I heard he commuted, every day, by helicopter, from his home into L.A. to avoid traffic. His wife and children are going to be reminded every time they see one. I couldn't watch the press conference.  I badly feel for his family and loved ones..

Amazing athlete.. You can even see it in still photos. Exceptionally gifted basketball player and athlete.  

R.I.P., Kirk Douglas - a man so tough it took 103 years for the Grim Reaper to finally get him. It must have been all that gladiatorial training getting ready for “Spartacus”.

More seriously, though...a very good actor who was great in many films; however, I will always be most fond of his roles inspired by Classical history and mythology. He played those very well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manohlive said:

"I am Spartacus"

20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I’m Spartacus.........

I guess I should be Spartacus too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1