dmway

R.I.P. Thread

Remember him on the Oscars a few years back?  Extraordinary human spirit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dmway said:

I guess I should be Spartacus too.

No I’m still Spartacus after all this time.... looking like a true survivor...

7 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

RIP Caroline Flack. Another victim of the toxic UK press ( and the UKs passion for celebrity ‘gossip’)

I never watched any of her programmes, but it's horrible how the tabloids do that - pick someone and just constantly bully them without any thought for the impact that the lies and negativity have on that particular person. I also find it sickening how the same media people/outlets who wrote/published the bullying articles are now gushing about how tragic her death is. Do they not stop to think that they played a part in causing it??? 

Every tabloid journalist in this country needs to take a long, hard look at themselves in the bathroom mirror tonight. 

Sad news to wake up to this morning. Rest in Peace Harry Gregg. Former Manchester United and Northern Ireland goalkeeper and one of the survivors of the Munich air disaster. He managed to rescue several people from the wreckage, including some of his team-mates. He achieved a lot on the field, but will forever be remembered for his bravery that day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51400376

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I never watched any of her programmes, but it's horrible how the tabloids do that - pick someone and just constantly bully them without any thought for the impact that the lies and negativity have on that particular person. I also find it sickening how the same media people/outlets who wrote/published the bullying articles are now gushing about how tragic her death is. Do they not stop to think that they played a part in causing it??? 

Every tabloid journalist in this country needs to take a long, hard look at themselves in the bathroom mirror tonight. 

Maybe the people of the UK need to look at how the media turn on celebrities/ politicians and publicly destroy them for profit and seek better informed platforms to get their news from.