dmway

R.I.P. Thread

R.I.P., Bill Withers, most famous for “Lean On Me” and “Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone”.

May he help all of us from the Great Beyond...

UNSPECIFIED - JANUARY 01:  Photo of Bill WITHERS; Posed portrait of Bill Withers  (Photo by Gilles Petard/Redferns)  

Some times in our life

We all have pain

We all have sorrow.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

Honor Blackman Aka Pussy Galore in Goldfinger

0259FD84-CBBA-4BD4-A86E-82D62C4C29AA.jpeg

Oh my - I hope it was from natural causes and not coronavirus. She was good in her time in “The Avengers” too (although Diana Rigg will always be the definitive female lead for that show).

(I also hope we won’t be adding Boris Johnson to this list soon - I just saw that he was admitted to Intensive Care this afternoon. He’s far from my favorite politician, but I don’t want anyone dying from this virus.)

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1

R.I.P., John Prine.

A legendary American performer and songwriter. Younger generations may not be familiar with his work, but he is very worthy of discovering. He beat two different forms of cancer 15 years apart; unfortunately, those two battles took their toll enough to make his final battle with coronavirus too difficult to overcome.

R.I.P. again, John...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dmway said:

R.I.P., John Prine.

A legendary American performer and songwriter. Younger generations may not be familiar with his work, but he is very worthy of discovering. He beat two different forms of cancer 15 years apart; unfortunately, those two battles took their toll enough to make his final battle with coronavirus too difficult to overcome.

R.I.P. again, John...

I regret that I wasn’t familiar with his music until this tragic moment, but I am enjoying clever lyrics and folksy midwestern voice. RIP, Mr. Prine.

As a big Formula 1 fan, this one hits especially hard :( Sir Stirling Moss has died, aged 90. I've only ever seen archive footage of him, but he's widely regarded as one of the best drivers of all time - even though he never won the F1 title. He drove in several other categories of motorsport besides F1 and excelled in them. He continued to drive in vintage rallies and similar events until 2016 and always came across as a thoroughly decent bloke.

One of the reasons he never won a championship in F1 is *because* he was such a nice bloke - one of his title rivals was accused of an on-track driving offence and Moss intervened to defend him and stopped him being thrown out of the race, even though it cost him the title. I can't imagine many of today's drivers doing that. 

Rest in Peace, Sir. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52261216