Jump to content

R.I.P. Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I remembered on time... R.I.P., John Lennon...how has 40 years gone by since it happened?  

Oh no, RIP Eddie van Halen 

Oh no! Remember gratefully listening to her Mixlrs several times on the EI Tour. 

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Buckingham Palace has just announced the death of the Queen's husband, Prince Philip. He was 99. 

He had been in hospital recently, but died peacefully at home at Windsor Castle. He was the longest-serving Royal Consort in the history of the British royal family, having been married to the Queen since 1947, when she was still Princess Elizabeth. 

Philip could sometimes put his foot in it with awkward comments (sometimes bordering on racism), but I think part of that was down to his age and the attitudes he would have been brought up with.

It's difficult to imagine what Her Majesty must be going through :( The grief of losing your soulmate, but also being expected to appear calm in public and not show "too much" emotion. Most of us, when we lose someone, can mourn them in private, but there's probably going to be most of the world watching her husband's funeral... How on Earth do you cope with knowing that? My thoughts go out to her.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11437314

Edited by padawanbeck84
Adding information.
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

It has also been confirmed this afternoon/evening that the rapper and actor DMX has died, aged 50 :(

U2 posted a message on their social media pages in support of him just a couple of days ago following the news that he was in hospital having suffered a heart attack. He was put on a life support machine, but sadly did not recover. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56687578

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
On 4/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

Buckingham Palace has just announced the death of the Queen's husband, Prince Philip. He was 99. 

He had been in hospital recently, but died peacefully at home at Windsor Castle. He was the longest-serving Royal Consort in the history of the British royal family, having been married to the Queen since 1947, when she was still Princess Elizabeth. 

Philip could sometimes put his foot in it with awkward comments (sometimes bordering on racism), but I think part of that was down to his age and the attitudes he would have been brought up with.

It's difficult to imagine what Her Majesty must be going through :( The grief of losing your soulmate, but also being expected to appear calm in public and not show "too much" emotion. Most of us, when we lose someone, can mourn them in private, but there's probably going to be most of the world watching her husband's funeral... How on Earth do you cope with knowing that? My thoughts go out to her.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11437314

Has he ? Haven’t heard anything on the BBC about it at all.

it must have been buried by investigative reporting on political scandals and contract acquisition, rioting in Northern Ireland and reporting on the influence of a few billionaire moguls on mainstream media........

don’t get me wrong I feel sorry for his wife and family and he is someone’s husband, wife father etc.

but is there the need for a monarchy in a modern democracy? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

but is there the need for a monarchy in a modern democracy? 

That's a whole other question. 

I'm not fanatical about the royals myself, and the idea of one family being put above the rest of us does look increasingly outdated - especially if you don't believe the religious aspect. 

Equally, I wouldn't like the idea of our politicians having any more power than they already do - especially some of the current lot. We've seen in America and Brazil how you can very easily end up with very unsuitable people being president. And a number of other European countries still have monarchies (Netherlands, Spain, Norway etc) and they seem to be happy with theirs. 

The way I see it, the Queen is a stabilising influence. She might not be able to make laws, but she can advise the PM (and admonish if necessary). And she's respected around the world in a way that Boris is not. If I had to choose between being represented globally by the Queen or Boris, I'd pick the Queen every time.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

 

Jaslyn Adams, 7, was shot and killed while at a McDonald’s Sunday afternoon with her father, Jontae Adams, 28, who was seriously wounded.

Jaslyn Adams, 7, was shot and killed while at a McDonald’s drive-thru Sunday afternoon with her father, Jontae Adams, 28, who was seriously wounded

‘They just shot my baby,’ says father, moments after 7-year-old daughter killed at McDonald’s in Homan Square

Jontae Adams, 28, and his daughter, Jaslyn, were in their car at a McDonald’s drive-thru Sunday near Kedzie and Roosevelt when they were shot. The father called his mother moments after and broke the news to her.

-Chicago Sun Times.

(sigh and cry)

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

My professor Erik David, who had been teaching the world about quantum physics and the power of high vibrations, just died from coronavirus this morning.

I will never forget the one who healed me from panic disorder. I am very grateful (and know that @dmway is also too) for the teachings to elevate our vibrations.

Rest in peace.

prof Erik.jpg

Edited by andryu2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, andryu2 said:

My professor Erik David, who had been teaching the world about quantum physics and the power of high vibrations, just died from coronavirus this morning.

I will never forget the one who healed me from panic disorder. I am very grateful (and know that @dmway is also too) for the teachings to elevate our vibrations.

Rest in peace.

prof Erik.jpg

Extra blessings for his family and friends! 🙏🙏🙏

I’m glad you got to be introduced to his philosophy before he made his transition. His body may be gone, but the benefit he brought to you and many others in the world remains. Let that be some comfort for you. 🙏🙏🙏

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...