R.I.P. Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many may know her by her Mixlr name, barcaqueen. R.I.P. Linda.   

...and to check in on people you care about.

Fully agreed - and my opinion both does and doesn’t have to do with current events. A true hero, indeed. Son of a sharecropper from South Carolina, his family made its way to Baltimore for the ho

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

...and this is why I don't miss a show by acts I enjoy - you never know how long they (or we, for that matter) will be around.

R.I.P., Ranking Roger, singer with The Beat ("The English Beat" in North America) and General Public. Very sad... 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/english-beat-general-publics-ska-pioneer-ranking-roger-dead-56-221856806.html

I'll post in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread too in his honor.

• Subscriber
On 3/27/2019 at 1:23 AM, dmway said:

...and this is why I don't miss a show by acts I enjoy - you never know how long they (or we, for that matter) will be around.

R.I.P., Ranking Roger, singer with The Beat ("The English Beat" in North America) and General Public. Very sad... 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/english-beat-general-publics-ska-pioneer-ranking-roger-dead-56-221856806.html

I'll post in the "What Are You Listening To?" thread too in his honor.

Sad to hear indeed. I've got some friends who were in a band that supported The Beat a few times when they came and played Brighton. Apparently he was a friendly guy full of advice and wisdom.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Sad to hear indeed. I've got some friends who were in a band that supported The Beat a few times when they came and played Brighton. Apparently he was a friendly guy full of advice and wisdom.

Yes - I bet both Ranking Roger and Dave Wakeling are great guys. They always seemed good, down-to-earth people.

RR will be missed.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

*Mournful Wookiee howling*

Rest in Peace Peter Mayhew. Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Thank you for making Chewbacca so memorable - and thank you for always having time for your fans, right up to the end. A number of my fellow trading card collectors were at Star Wars Celebration last month, talking to you, getting autographs and selfies. It's hard to accept that, only weeks later, you're gone.

Give Carrie and Kenny a big Wookiee hug when you see them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

• Sad 4
  • Subscriber
On 5/3/2019 at 4:54 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

*Mournful Wookiee howling*

Rest in Peace Peter Mayhew. Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Thank you for making Chewbacca so memorable - and thank you for always having time for your fans, right up to the end. A number of my fellow trading card collectors were at Star Wars Celebration last month, talking to you, getting autographs and selfies. It's hard to accept that, only weeks later, you're gone.

Give Carrie and Kenny a big Wookiee hug when you see them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

Yes, he deserves to be respectfully acknowledged. His passing just before Star Wars Day makes it all the more poignant. 

May you enjoy your next journey, Peter.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, dmway said:

Yes, he deserves to be respectfully acknowledged. His passing just before Star Wars Day makes it all the more poignant. 

May you enjoy your next journey, Peter.

I came in here to post something about him.  I remember being in the theater watching the first Star Wars movie.  I was a little boy.  Chewbaca looked so big yet I felt like he'd let me touch his hair once the bad guys were gone.  Pad-You are a huge Star Wars fan, I've noticed.  I don't know what you may or may not be feeling.  I thought of you when I realized this man has gone to heaven.  😊

Edited by Manohlive