Jump to content

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

Got my tickets - kids coming too!

I have been a member of this community for years never once thinking I would be in a position to access presales.  Therefore I always told myself I would be more calm.  After ignoring advice from my wife and using my phone over her laptop, I am now getting the world's biggest "I told you so" as well as a few glares for shouting at my phone and a few moments of panic.  

This is probably old news to many of the experienced campaigners here but will share my learnings here anyway:

1.Much better booking through computer for anyone in the same position.

2. Always listen to your wife!

Thanks to the mods and others for your helpful advice.

 

 

Edited by brendo1704
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Moderator
Just now, bigreddiver said:

Wanted to highlight a question/concern to the Mods about the Singapore show:

I was one of the people that managed to purchase GA tickets about 30 hours early (on Sat 15 June - the ticket and the transaction were cancelled shortly thereafter).  But the potential issue I wanted to highlight is that on the GA ticket from 15 June (bought early & cancelled after) the Gate listed for entry is Gate 9.  However, the GA ticket bought during the Red Hills presale today (Sun), 16 June, lists Gate 15 for entry.  If National Stadium is planning on admitting GA ticket holders through multiple gates, this may raise concerns with any fan-managed numbered queue system.  Not sure if this is an issue that will be sorted out at the venue or if there is advance communication that can happen to minimize everyone's anxiety at the venue.

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

At this moment we don't know:
- How the procedure to enter the stadium will work and if it will be multiple gates
- If they will allow a fan-managed numbering system... we don't know if it's allowed to queue early as in other venues...

It's simply too early for that... better to wait until there is more information available.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager
2 minutes ago, bigreddiver said:

Wanted to highlight a question/concern to the Mods about the Singapore show:

I was one of the people that managed to purchase GA tickets about 30 hours early (on Sat 15 June - the ticket and the transaction were cancelled shortly thereafter).  But the potential issue I wanted to highlight is that on the GA ticket from 15 June (bought early & cancelled after) the Gate listed for entry is Gate 9.  However, the GA ticket bought during the Red Hills presale today (Sun), 16 June, lists Gate 15 for entry.  If National Stadium is planning on admitting GA ticket holders through multiple gates, this may raise concerns with any fan-managed numbered queue system.  Not sure if this is an issue that will be sorted out at the venue or if there is advance communication that can happen to minimize everyone's anxiety at the venue.

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

Singapore GA line... it has started already???!!! (Just kidding - something to note for nearer time tho, thanks for info)

  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, bigreddiver said:

Wanted to highlight a question/concern to the Mods about the Singapore show:

I was one of the people that managed to purchase GA tickets about 30 hours early (on Sat 15 June - the ticket and the transaction were cancelled shortly thereafter).  But the potential issue I wanted to highlight is that on the GA ticket from 15 June (bought early & cancelled after) the Gate listed for entry is Gate 9.  However, the GA ticket bought during the Red Hills presale today (Sun), 16 June, lists Gate 15 for entry.  If National Stadium is planning on admitting GA ticket holders through multiple gates, this may raise concerns with any fan-managed numbered queue system.  Not sure if this is an issue that will be sorted out at the venue or if there is advance communication that can happen to minimize everyone's anxiety at the venue.

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

You're seriously considering queueing in Singapore? :lol: Apart from the question whether they let you (you get fined for forgetting to flush after a number 2, and they check), it's 34 degrees and 90% humidity...

  • Brilliant 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

 

7 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Where does it appear on your confirmation? It doesn't in mine.

It appears in the top left hand corner under contact details. I’d better book the hotel now just in case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

At this moment we don't know:
- How the procedure to enter the stadium will work and if it will be multiple gates
- If they will allow a fan-managed numbering system... we don't know if it's allowed to queue early as in other venues...

It's simply too early for that... better to wait until there is more information available.

 

2 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

You're seriously considering queueing in Singapore? :lol: Apart from the question whether they let you (you get fined for forgetting to flush after a number 2, and they check), it's 34 degrees and 90% humidity...

I get that it's way too early to know, just highlighting the issue.  As for queueing...yep - waited all day outside in Honolulu in 2006 for Vertigo.  It's worth it every time & you meet lots of new friends and see old ones!  Makes for good stories LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

 

It appears in the top left hand corner under contact details. I’d better book the hotel now just in case. 

Fairly safe to say, the ticket agency is not investigating the addresses of everyone in Red Zone. :)

The only concern would be with your credit card company, apparently the ticket service is not transmitting the address to be checked. Once the orders went through, it should be fine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, bigreddiver said:

I get that it's way too early to know, just highlighting the issue.  As for queueing...yep - waited all day outside in Honolulu in 2006 for Vertigo.  It's worth it every time & you meet lots of new friends and see old ones!  Makes for good stories LOL

Honolulu wasn't nearly as hot or humid. If I recall correctly, it was quite a cool morning in Honolulu that day. It did get warmer, but not 90 degrees with massive humidity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Big wave, I'm guessing this is a "no", but forgive me for asking...

I was caught in the Red Zone "address" issue earlier. Had 3 RZ tickets in the basket but couldn't checkout. 

Bought 3 Cat 1 seats instead as I didn't want to miss out.

Now the RZ issue is resolved, obviously I can't use my presale code again, but is there any way my tickets can be exchanged with me making an extra payment for the difference to secure the RZ tickets that I was denied buying earlier?!

Thanks as always for the amazing mods support.

Here's hoping!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Max Tsukino unpinned, locked and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...