• Subscriber

Nah, not odd I wouldn't think. Melbourne sold out quickly (though they've reconfigured it, & added a few more seats & GA), but won't get another show by the looks of it. Auckland 1 sold out extremely quickly, but Auckland 2 sales appear to be very disappointing. These are both far bigger venues though.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The seats in Seoul sold quickly. It's just taken a long time to sell the last of those GA's (out of a total of 20,000 I've heard). Will there be another Seoul concert, who knows. I was a bit optimisti

Keeping my fingers crossed for a second night.

I’ve been checking yes24 to see how many tix are left. There are about 1350 GA tix left and a few hundred have sold since yesterday. One would think that the rest will sell in the next few days. Hopin

• Subscriber

Just 622 rear GA tickets left.  A slow go, but more sell every day.  Since everything except rear GA sold very quickly, you'd think Live Nation would reconfigure or reprice those tickets to sell the show out.  Seems like there was a great demand for everything except those rear GA that are numbered.  I'm wondering when Live Nation is going to make the call to add a second show or not add another show.  What a shame for Korean fans if U2 ends up only playing one night there after all these years of waiting.  

I'm still hoping....

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Just 622 rear GA tickets left.  A slow go, but more sell every day.  Since everything except rear GA sold very quickly, you'd think Live Nation would reconfigure or reprice those tickets to sell the show out.  Seems like there was a great demand for everything except those rear GA that are numbered.  I'm wondering when Live Nation is going to make the call to add a second show or not add another show.  What a shame for Korean fans if U2 ends up only playing one night there after all these years of waiting.  

I'm still hoping....

Little confused on this thread with the count down on how many GA tickets are available. Given the show didn't sell out quickly and there are still tickets why would the promoter i.e Live Nation invest in a 2nd show there and have it not sell well especially when it's the last show. My guess is by now they have all the logistics set for that being the end but given it's 4 months away, maybe not. I am still surprised there was no show in Beijing or Shanghai but guess they didn't want to play China 

• Subscriber

I guess there's a lot of hopeful people. I agree it's wishful thinking, & very unlikely the will be another show, but you never know. The seats (which were very low capacity compared to other venues) sold out quickly. The GA's which is pretty large, like most venues has been a slow burn, even the front GA wasn't particularly quick.

Yeah, given the Chinese government's stance an human rights, there's a good chance U2 wouldn't want to play there. In any casez it's almost a certainty that they wouldn't be allowed to perform in China. As they performed at the Tibetan Freedom festival.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, ddarroch said:

I guess there's a lot of hopeful people. I agree it's wishful thinking, & very unlikely the will be another show, but you never know. The seats (which were very low capacity compared to other venues) sold out quickly. The GA's which is pretty large, like most venues has been a slow burn, even the front GA wasn't particularly quick.

Yeah, given the Chinese government's stance an human rights, there's a good chance U2 wouldn't want to play there. In any casez it's almost a certainty that they wouldn't be allowed to perform in China. As they performed at the Tibetan Freedom festival.

I get hopeful just unlikely at this point I'd think..  Good point(s) on China but they (U2) also try and break the barriers so I figured they might play but your point on Tibet is definitely valid. 

I just thought a month tour was awfully short given the production so thought maybe China, or extending to South Africa, South America, etc. Maybe they will slow boat the production for a few shows in 2020

• Subscriber
On 7/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, jonno77 said:

570 now, so about 150 gone in a week. I can’t see a 2nd show tbh

Now down to 481 GA.  Hopefully we will get some sort of announcement about any additional dates after the Japan general sale on 20 July.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 7/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Carlos said:

Now down to 481 GA.  Hopefully we will get some sort of announcement about any additional dates after the Japan general sale on 20 July.

Now down to 400 GA available. The slow trickle continues!

• Subscriber

I’ve emailed live nation korea today and they said:

“We don't have any plan for second show  right now. 

Thank you, 

Live Nation Korea”

The use of ‘right now’, could mean not ruled out completely but looks very unlikely.

Edited by jonno77
Spell
  • Subscriber
On 7/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, jonno77 said:

I’ve emailed live nation korea today and they said:

“We don't have any plan for second show  right now. 

Thank you, 

Live Nation Korea”

The use of ‘right now’, could mean not ruled out completely but looks very unlikely.

The U2 songs site  is reporting that we might get an announcement on whether a second show will take place later this week. Finger crossed!

• Like 1