• Subscriber

Noticed this on the SCG website today 

Key Event Timings

Box Offices Open: 3:00pm (subject to change)
General Admission & (RED) Zone Entry Gates Open: 4:00pm*
Reserved Seat Entry Gates Open: 4:30pm
First Act Begins: 6:30pm

* No queuing is permitted for General Admission and (RED) Zone entry gates until the morning of the event. Any 'queuing order' in the days prior to the event will not be accepted. Please see the General Admission Line Policy below for more information.

General Admission Line Policy

All ticketholders are required to abide by the following policy to avoid discrepancies and disagreements. We are aware that some fans may monitor and start their own numbering system but the SCG will not recognise this system — only the following policy will apply.

General Admission ticketholders will be able to queue on the day of the event only to allow for event setup. 

GA ticketholders are requested to only begin lining up from 8:00am on the date of the show (subject to change).

The General Admission line will be formed along Driver Avenue as indicated by signs saying Gate 9 General Admission. There will be signs indicating wristband number placement in the queue (1 through 250 and 251 through 500). 

Entering the GA line indicates the guest’s agreement to abide by all Venue policies and procedures (the same as while inside the Venue).

The first 500 ticketholders in line who show their GA Floor ticket will have a sequentially numbered wristband put on their right wrist. Wristbands will be distributed from 8:00am on the date of the show (subject to change) until the allocation is exhausted – limited to the first 500 ticketholders only.

Wristbands will be provided on a first come, first served basis until all 500 are allocated. Once a GA ticketholder has their wristband, they may remain in line or leave the area, but must return to their sequential place in line by 1:00pm. The order of entrance into the Venue will be sequential based on the number on the guest’s wristband once the GA Floor gate opens. 

The wristband must remain on the ticketholder's right wrist while in line. Loss or removal of the wristband will require the ticketholder to obtain another wristband and take their sequential place in line. If no more wristbands are available, ticketholders will have to go to the back of the General Admission queue.

Once this wristband allocation – limited to 500 only – is exhausted, all other GA Floor ticketholders will need to queue as standard and will be permitted entry to the Venue on a first come, first served basis after these 500 wristbanded ticketholders.

Guests are not permitted to 'hold' a place in line for other guests who are arriving later

More, in depth info here https://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/sydney-cricket-ground/whats-on/all-events/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour/ 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, kings said:

Does the SCG have a curfew? 

I think it's 10:30pm..... this is from a document I found online...

Concerts: A concert must not commence prior to 1000 hours or finish after 2230 hours on any day. Not with-standing the above concerts may continue until 2300 hours if an occurrence beyond the control of the Trust delays the concert. The total length of a concert must not be greater than five (5) hours

Edited by deck
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, deck said:

I think it's 10:30pm..... this is from a document I found online...

Concerts: A concert must not commence prior to 1000 hours or finish after 2230 hours on any day. Not with-standing the above concerts may continue until 2300 hours if an occurrence beyond the control of the Trust delays the concert. The total length of a concert must not be greater than five (5) hours

I also noticed from that same document that the decibel limit is 10dB softer than the Alliance Stadium (next door), so I'm wondering if the sound might be a bit softer than usual??

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber

Does anybody know which actual SCG gate that "Gate 9" corresponds to?

As far as I can tell, normal SCG gates are lettered, not numbered.

I understand the GA queue will be on driver ave but just want to be a bit more certain of things before I get there tomorrow.