• Subscriber
3 hours ago, fscully said:

This isn’t an argument about the flag as such, but it’s a misstep for the band both  Politically and aesthetically, leave it out all together, like I said a shot panning across Uluru would fit the tone of the show and what is being said. It wasn’t even the right colour blue  and . the southern cross positioning was wrong. Look at the many different ways they represented the us flag - each one rich in visual commentary. Seriously that “flag” Last night looked as though whoever got  had scanned it from a cheap tourist shop. Or windows 95.
when u2 used the European flag in previous shows they had a star falling off to symbolise the brexit issue, what we saw last night lacked that aesthetic intelligence. Easiest short term option - get rid of it all together. They finished with a superb flurry of i imagery  and commentary prior to the unnecessary flag . u2 , just lose this  image. 

yeah, it does look like they googled 'Aussie Flag' 😜 but I think you are wrong about the European flag thing. they had that at the start of ZOO TV in the early 90's.

the star fell off back then when Bono would rise up to the stage as the FLy 

u2setlist2.gif

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More of this please.

Bono is smashing it with EBW. Fricken hell it sooo good. 

Posted Images

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, BigBunny said:

but I think you are wrong about the European flag thing. they had that at the start of ZOO TV in the early 90's.

the star fell off back then when Bono would rise up to the stage as the FLy 

Yes, the star falling off was ZooTV (so prophetic!), but they did include a Brexit reference at the UK shows last year - one of the stars had a Union Jack pattern and a heart around it.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Canadanne said:

Yes, the star falling off was ZooTV (so prophetic!), but they did include a Brexit reference at the UK shows last year - one of the stars had a Union Jack pattern and a heart around it.

that's interesting. it's a shame we didn't get any of those arena tours as I like 'Son gs Of Innocence'

• Subscriber

It interesting to read the comments above.  I'm American.  My country's flag is in question right now.  My current president would encourage people to burn it if that meant he wins. I have faith the American Flag will return to meaning what it once represented. The day shall come when liberty and justice is for all   It's uplifting to know others feel passionately about their flag, while being inclusive off all people who live under it. One of my favorite lines Bono has written is:  I believe in the kingdome come. Then all the colors will bleed into one.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
22 hours ago, fscully said:

This isn’t an argument about the flag as such, but it’s a misstep for the band both

22 hours ago, BigBunny said:

my final thoughts would be to split the screen with both the Aussie flag & the Aboriginal flag but that's just me 👍

It's REALLY nice to read comments where one thing is not liked but people don't trash U2, as a band, as people and as the greater sum of its parts. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
On 11/16/2019 at 5:03 AM, Max Tsukino said:

Thanks for a poorly run GA line Marvel. What a fiasco! For days you were adamant that you wouldn't be honouring the unfair fan-managed check-in system, telling people to arrive at 8am for wristbanding.

Only to have a last minute change of heart.

Meaning those people who actually abided by your started rules, arrived on time to find they were now behind hundreds & hundreds of other fans. NOT FAIR!

This is on U2's OWN security. Who pander to a few self-entitled fans, helping them to implement their unfair, inequitable check-in system. Pressuring local venue security to change their own publically announced policies.

This is not the first time this has happened, & it won't be the last.

How far up U2's chain does this go? U2 talks about inclusiveness. This is anything but inclusive!

It's a very bad look for U2, favouring a few international fans over hundreds of local fans, who have waited 9 years to see their heroes.

U2's own security must be told to stop this behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, BigBunny said:

that's interesting. it's a shame we didn't get any of those arena tours as I like 'Son gs Of Innocence'

Yep, it's a shame. Not just for the new songs, arena shows are bloody brilliant!

Arenas are so much more intimate. Not a bad seat in the house. The expensive seats represent decent value, unlike stadiums, where even the best seats are miles away. Those in the front of arena GA are just about within touching distance of the band, who perform on a much lower stage than a neck-pain inducing stadium stage.

It's been a long time between drinks for us with arenas. Not since Lovetown (excluding the Burswood show). While the US has had many arena legs since then. 2 legs for Elevation, 2 legs for Vertigo, a leg each for IE & EI.

Hopefully we see them perform an arena tour in Oz one more time.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ddarroch said:

Thanks for a poorly run GA line Marvel. What a fiasco! For days you were adamant that you wouldn't be honouring the unfair fan-managed check-in system, telling people to arrive at 8am for wristbanding.

Only to have a last minute change of heart.

Meaning those people who actually abided by your started rules, arrived on time to find they were now behind hundreds & hundreds of other fans. NOT FAIR!

This is on U2's OWN security. Who pander to a few self-entitled fans, helping them to implement their unfair, inequitable check-in system. Pressuring local venue security to change their own publically announced policies.

This is not the first time this has happened, & it won't be the last.

How far up U2's chain does this go? U2 talks about inclusiveness. This is anything but inclusive!

It's a very bad look for U2, favouring a few international fans over hundreds of local fans, who have waited 9 years to see their heroes.

U2's own security must be told to stop this behaviour.

Amen. This happens every time - venue insists it won't be honoured, line leaders bat their eyelashes at U2's security and a lot of people are screwed. Do we need to start a petition or something?

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

We need to do something, that's for sure! This is getting ridiculous, & ruining the GA experience for many, many people.

This check-in crap serves absolutely no purpose in Australia. Other than getting a few self-entitled fans to the front of the line, with as little effort as possible.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It's REALLY nice to read comments where one thing is not liked but people don't trash U2, as a band, as people and as the greater sum of our parts. 

I think the band just asked for an image of the Australian flag to be put up and that's whats been done. even though the blue is too bright. 

while I don't care for the Union Jack being there and it take up alot of space, that's what our flag is. until Australia is wanting a change the band can't do anything.

cept like I said, split the screen.