MELBOURNE #TheJoshuaTreeTour2019 Live Thread

• Subscriber

The problem with the check-in line is two fold. Firstly it directly contradicted the policy posted by Marvel stadium, with no explanation for this change.secondly,you had to be “in the know” to even be aware of it. I walked past gate 7 on the evening prior to the concert at around 7 and the place was completely empty. The only thing listed was Marvel’s policy. I turned up around 7.15 am only to be told that I was number 300 and something. I asked the Marvel staff about it and they said they were honouring the apparent queueing.
I think whatever policy is being used needs to be stated and honoured. I agree that the front sections seemed filled with international fans - don’t really know how to address that,,  but at least there needs to be a focus on an open and transparent process that doesn’t rely on being on certain websites etc.

BTW Springsteen’s response to this is their somewhat bizarre lottery, which I didn’t like, but maybe it is a fairer process. They let everyone number up in order then they draw a number and that person becomes the new queue leader and everyone else follows in sequential order starting from that person.

i notice the SCG has posted the following:

Large queues are expected so please arrive early on the day of the event. However, please note that you will not be able to join the queue until 8:00am on the day of the event and no GA line system other than the official policy outlined above will be accepted by SCG staff and security.

• Subscriber

U2 are great live.

The love of the creator courses through U2 decades on. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

You massively rock for celebrating all women.

Edited by ozmichele
My grandmother was Irish. Thank you.

• Subscriber

I'm travelling from Aotearoa to see U2 on Friday in Sydney. I wasn't able to attend the Auckland shows this month and the travel to Sydney means I can't manage to get to both nights (as I did in AKL in '89, '06 and '10, and their one show here in '93). I have GA tickets and I can't get to the stadium at 8 am as I won't be in Sydney by then. Is there a front area (as in the 360 and Vertigo tours) that only the first few hundred people will be able to get into? I'm thinking I have no chance of getting anywhere close, given the comments above, so I'm wondering if I should bother to turn up before 6 pm. Thanks for your advice, fellow U2-fans.