Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Tokyo #TheJoshuaTreeTour2019 Live Thread

These two shows for sure we're without a doubt fantastic... the band is in top form and you could feel, even from a distance, that they were really happy to be back in Japan.

but what made the experience richer, and without a doubt better, is that you are with thousands who are feeling similar if not the same as you. Bono may be right: elevation could come by sake, some chemicals perhaps, but these days it were from all and every one in the community.

and with luck it stays that way...

• Like 4
  • Brilliant 1

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

but what made the experience richer, and without a doubt better, is that you are with thousands who are feeling similar if not the same as you. Bono may be right: elevation could come by sake, some chemicals perhaps, but these days it were from all and every one in the community.

and with luck it stays that way...

Perfect Max, perfect. 

Nailed it Max!

The vibe was superb both days, anyone I spoke to was just an instant friend. We made a new great friend who flew all the way from Egypt with only a ticket for the 1st show (her first!).....U2 magic ensued, and we told her to come on the 2nd day with nothing but Hope....she met The Edge, and then we found her a ticket! Hahaha!

What I loved about these shows were the heartfelt words by Bono...more poetic than before, the Boys played with a real purpose, and just Bang, bang, bang one song into the next....the set was so tight! The poetry on the screen before the show sets a beautiful tone.

'The show must go on....?' Favorite statement/question from my favorite moment of the show....it almost got dark, but the Edge's light brought us back!

Edited by razspazz
edit
  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

Wow, you're right, what a crowd!

It helps having a stadium sized stage, enveloped by an arena, the seats so much closer. The noise from the crowd was so great! Unlike the gigantic cricket/ALF grounds used in Australia, where the crowd was so far away.

But in general, the Japanese crowd were into the show so much more! Looking up towards the seats, & seeing everybody standing for the majority of the show!

Love is Bigger got a much, much better reception from the Japanese than the Brisbane crowd, that's for sure. Singing the oh, oh, oh, oh's, in full voice. Of course your experience is influenced by those around you. My girlfriend & I were by the top-of-the-tree, with a young Japanese women directly behind us. She was so into the show! Jumping, crying, screaming! It was such a great experience to see how the show effected her. We had our own private party on many occasions. Turning away from that beautiful screen & the band on the main stage, to sing, dance, embrace & jump like lunatics together.

Such a wonderful experience.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

These two shows were stunning!

Crazy crowds, the house was filled with enthusiastic atmosphere.

I met old and new friends who flew into this country for this tour. That was also great experience.

I want to say thank you all, especially for following and respecting Japanese local rule entering GA.

I think the staff wasn't able to guiding fans well...it might be frustrating though. Those who waited patiently for 13years could attend the show as expected place! I owe it all to you.

• Like 3