Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Mumbai #TheJoshuaTreeTour2019 Live Thread

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I'm kinda glad that the last time I heard Red Hill on mixlr the other day, I didn't know it was going to be the last time...

https://twitter.com/maxtsukino/status/1206235688573775872?s=20

I was thinking, earlier today (last night) of how sad I was going to be when I heard it tonight (today)  I had to remind myself not to let that spoil my enoyment tonight. (tomorrow?)   I was sick for TJT30 shows in Chicago.  I don't remember much of those shows but I sure do remember Red Hill Mining Town.  I had purposely not listened to the live version until I saw them do it live in Chicago.  It was an extraordinary U2 concert moment for me.

Just now, spongebob said:

Seems a bit odd, he was on a live TV show in the UK on Friday night, suppose he could have flown out yesterday to do his thing?

a log flight, but still in the realms of possible...

2 minutes ago, spongebob said:

Seems a bit odd, he was on a live TV show in the UK on Friday night, suppose he could have flown out yesterday to do his thing?

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

a log flight, but still in the realms of possible...

U2Start did just tweet about that and added "handle with care", so since we are pulling from what we see on Twitter, it could be real or fakenews...only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

We have gotten snippets from their FB/Instagram stories and from U2Start....if there were others who could have done a live feed, they would have.  U2gigs tweeted 3 hours before the show that the signal was bad. I feel certain, as they have let us in the sound for many shows, that they would have done it today, if possible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think U2Start has access to some special signal. Those video feeds were crystal clear. Maybe U2gigs had a weak battery in whatever device they're using. Who knows? But the signal does not appear to be uniformly weak from what I'm seeing in those snippets and photos. Maybe in some parts of the stadium it is week, but in others, it looks perfectly fine.

Again, I can understand if no one wanted to bother with a feed. They're there to enjoy the show -- and as I said, I hope they have the time of their lives.

2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I was thinking, earlier today (last night) of how sad I was going to be when I heard it tonight (today)  I had to remind myself not to let that spoil my enoyment tonight. (tomorrow?)   I was sick for TJT30 shows in Chicago.  I don't remember much of those shows but I sure do remember Red Hill Mining Town.  I had purposely not listened to the live version until I saw them do it live in Chicago.  It was an extraordinary U2 concert moment for me.

I did that too... @Max Tsukino and @bigwave would tell me when I could turn my volume back up on my computer b/c I wanted to hear it brand new when I first saw it live...which was in Chicago in 2017.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burgundy said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think U2Start has access to some special signal. Those video feeds were crystal clear. Maybe U2gigs had a weak battery in whatever device they're using. Who knows? But the signal does not appear to be uniformly weak from what I'm seeing in those snippets and photos. Maybe in some parts of the stadium it is week, but in others, it looks perfectly fine.

Again, I can understand if no one wanted to bother with a feed. They're there to enjoy the show -- and as I said, I hope they have the time of their lives.

No, as someone pointed out, U2start is actually pulling the video from the U2 FB or Instagram stories.

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I did that too... @Max Tsukino and @bigwave would tell me when I could turn my volume back up on my computer b/c I wanted to hear it brand new when I first saw it live...which was in Chicago in 2017.

Wow.  Very cool.

2 minutes ago, burgundy said:

There were shows on this tour with many photos of the same event practically the second it happened... Not happening on Mumbai.

If it is indeed true that Noel was there, by now we would have a few photos of him from different angles, perhaps even someone had a video stream (being a very unexpected thing). Nothing like that has happened, and is very unlikely - in this day and age - that it's because suddenly an entire stadium decided to put aside the phone and just live the moment...