dmway

"Desert sky, dream beneath the desert sky..."

11 hours ago, dmway said:

I quoted the first post above to remind those who tuned in a while ago that I have been refining the days of our vacation over the past few weeks - so, it might be worth looking back to see if I added some images since the last time you tuned in.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank @mich40 for giving me information in advance of the trip that helped make the vacation as eventful as it turned out to be. She provided three stories in particular that made our visit to Las Vegas, Death Valley, and the 2nd half of our LA stay more successful and enjoyable. I will pass those along now to everyone who wishes to have them in case they ever want to make a similar journey and/or just to have more background on some of the U2-related elements of each place.

Las Vegas area where the ISHFWILF video was shot:

https://www.u2songs.com/videos/i_still_havent_found_what_im_looking_for

The (former) location of the Joshua Tree:

https://johnandkatiesrvhoneymoon.com/2017/01/08/in-gods-country-where-to-find-u2s-joshua-tree/

Where U2 shot the "Streets" video:

https://diffuser.fm/u2-where-the-streets-have-no-name-video/

Our images and descriptions of the first two are on the previous page; the "Streets" video site is above.

I also have to thank @andryu2 for being the best traveling companion a person and fellow U2 fan could ever have. We were fortunate enough to spend Christmas and New Year's together as well in the Northeast US, and visit #3 is not too far into the future - stay tuned... 😎

Thank you for having done all the planning for the trip (I only came with the idea). Thank you for driving all the way from LA to Las Vegas, then all the way from LV to Death Valley and then all the way from DV to LA.

Special thanks to the most wonderful band in the world (Do I need to say which?). If it weren't for you, both of us would have never met.

😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, andryu2 said:

Thank you for having done all the planning for the trip (I only came with the idea). Thank you for driving all the way from LA to Las Vegas, then all the way from LV to Death Valley and then all the way from DV to LA.

Special thanks to the most wonderful band in the world (Do I need to say which?). If it weren't for you, both of us would have never met.

😊

You're very welcome! 😊

Yes, we have yet another reason to thank our beloved band. Thank you, U2 - you are the gift that keeps on giving. 😎

...and as a P.S. for this thread so far, if Apple ever fixes their glitch that rotates size-reduced pictures by 90 degrees, there are many more photographs that were meant to compliment the day-to-day descriptions offered above and on the previous page. So, there may be more coming - the ball is in Apple's court now.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 10:53 PM, dmway said:

...and as a P.S. for this thread so far, if Apple ever fixes their glitch that rotates size-reduced pictures by 90 degrees, there are many more photographs that were meant to compliment the day-to-day descriptions offered above and on the previous page. So, there may be more coming - the ball is in Apple's court now.

...and I'm going to bump this because part 3 of our adventure is coming up soon, and I am hopeful that the next iOS update will fix the rotation problem so that reduced pictures from our past, present, and future can appear here looking as they should.

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmway said:

...and I'm going to bump this because part 3 of our adventure is coming up soon, and I am hopeful that the next iOS update will fix the rotation problem so that reduced pictures from our past, present, and future can appear here looking as they should.

Stay tuned...

I’ve had the rotation problem in a couple of places and have found if I edit the photos in a photo editor app, the issue resolves. It’s an extra step, but it does help prevent delays in posting. 

Bump in the hopes that the new iOS update (which should finally be released this coming week) will fix the picture rotation problem. 🍀🍀🍀

Posted (edited)

Test...

33CA4896-8167-4038-848A-B0A039763421.jpeg

Edited by dmway

Hmmm...the glitch may have been fixed!

I’ll try a few more to see if that is true. If so, visual updating of this thread may happen very soon.

Stay tuned...

On 4/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, dmway said:

Hmmm...the glitch may have been fixed!

I’ll try a few more to see if that is true. If so, visual updating of this thread may happen very soon.

Stay tuned...

...and it wasn’t a success after all. 🙄

A new update came out this week, so another test is coming...