2020 subscription (MERGED)

davidgray

• Subscriber
On 1/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, adamtaglietti said:

Decent gift, however DVD format? Not even in HD, that’s a joke. Also if it gets released commercially, which it probably will, this years subscription has no value whatsoever and £40 is daylight robbery and I am a fool for resubscribing.

edit: and you can’t use the argument that not everyone has a blu Ray player - I don’t have a record player yet we’ve had vinyl gifts about 3 times out of the last 5!

@adamtaglietti

YES BUT... Buuuut, At least we Got the Downloads of the songs Here on the site.....So those who don't have turn tables (for the times they gave us Vinyls) and blu-rays (in the event they would give them out)  - (like me) were/would be  satisfied that they COULD actually play the songs !!!!!!!  I will use this argument forever with those who are shouting for BluRay !!!! Unless they also give us HQ download of the Concert ! And another one, if Blu_Ray and No download then charge extra cash for Blu_Ray.....

This being said, I'm content with the DVD, and I truly hope this will be the ONLY release of the concert, otherwise if they are deciding for HQ, they should find a way to make it as a download here !!!

There, fixed, NOW IT WORKS !!!!

Edited by pain_18_
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 1/28/2020 at 7:25 AM, perymason said:

I just renew my subscription. Something strange occurred: I live in Sofia, Bulgaria and my postal code is 1404. So, it must be: "Sofia 1404". And it always was like that in my previous resubscriptions. But now it automatically changed and my delivery address for the new gift is "Sofia 23 1404". If I look in "My account" on my profile - it is still "Sofia 1404". Anybody else have the same problem?

Last week something strange happened to me too. I put 2 addresses, one for payment, and other for shipping, I don't know why the delivery address is my payment address now. I have the payment address in both sides. My payment address is in Colombia and my shipping address is in EEUU. If I look in "My account" on my profile I have the correct shipping address. I used "Contact Us" form on the help page twice, but they don't answer me yet.

• Subscriber
On 1/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, pain_18_ said:

@adamtaglietti

YES BUT... Buuuut, At least we Got the Downloads of the songs Here on the site.....So those who don't have turn tables (for the times they gave us Vinyls) and blu-rays (in the event they would give them out)  - (like me) were/would be  satisfied that they COULD actually play the songs !!!!!!!  I will use this argument forever with those who are shouting for BluRay !!!! Unless they also give us HQ download of the Concert ! And another one, if Blu_Ray and No download then charge extra cash for Blu_Ray.....

This being said, I'm content with the DVD, and I truly hope this will be the ONLY release of the concert, otherwise if they are deciding for HQ, they should find a way to make it as a download here !!!

There, fixed, NOW IT WORKS !!!!

Will feel very wrong watching a DVD in 2020 - if this is the only release of it, i'm not as fussed but if it does get released to the general public, my sub gift is worthless because I will end up buying blu-ray...haven't watched a standard DVD for over 5 years, only DVDs I watch are U2 gigs... :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 2/3/2020 at 2:22 PM, SAYDEE said:

Last week something strange happened to me too. I put 2 addresses, one for payment, and other for shipping, I don't know why the delivery address is my payment address now. I have the payment address in both sides. My payment address is in Colombia and my shipping address is in EEUU. If I look in "My account" on my profile I have the correct shipping address. I used "Contact Us" form on the help page twice, but they don't answer me yet.

Well, one week later, I didn't get response from "Contact Us".

• Subscriber

Hi, I'm having difficulty getting a reply from the U2 subscription servicing team? Can't renew my subscription at the $40 rate even though I was within timescale, as it only offers the $50 or $85 option. Contacted them 4 times now but I have not received a relpy. The subscription period appears to have bee extended but it still will not give me the $40 option. Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I can sort this?

Cheers

Eoin

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, latherwas30 said:

Hi, I'm having difficulty getting a reply from the U2 subscription servicing team? Can't renew my subscription at the $40 rate even though I was within timescale, as it only offers the $50 or $85 option. Contacted them 4 times now but I have not received a relpy. The subscription period appears to have bee extended but it still will not give me the $40 option. Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I can sort this?

Cheers

Eoin

Are you logged in when trying to renew? 

• Subscriber

Dean, Just tried, and when I sign in it has the subscription bar at the top to re-subscribe but every time I try it, it comes up with the $50 and $85 options. Nothing else.

Completely frustrating, and the help service have never replied to my emails after 4 attempts!!

Arghhhh

Thanks anyway.

Eoin

• Subscriber

That’s annoying Eoin, just thought it was worth a try because I’ve been signed out before without realising, think it does it automatically after so long. Hope someone gets back to you from the u2.com team soon, seems to be a common theme lately that people’s issues are being ignored. I know a few people that have asked about the 2019 gift they still haven’t received and haven’t had a response as you will probably read around the threads as well. I think they’re waiting to see how many 2020 subscribers are going to chose the $75 option which comes with the 2019 gift and then they can produce them at once which is probably a cost saving tactic but not really acceptable for people who have waited this long. Anyway sorry to go off on a tangent hope you get your issue sorted soon.