davidgray

2020 subscription (MERGED)

On 3/7/2020 at 12:02 PM, Manohlive said:

There is a community of people who regularly frequent U2.com, new tour pre-sales or not.  The good of day to day Zootopia communal interactions feels diminished with subscriber gifts controversy.  If I'm down, there's always something that makes me smile and/or laugh on this website. I've never met them but feel I've made friends in the Zoo. Our subscriptions cost $40 a year.  That's $3.33 a month. I do best with things in perspective.  A beer costs more than a month of U2.com. Personally, I don't think that's much.  I'm not arguing or calling you out, OB.  I wish the announcements would be less specific with timing. Perhaps saying near future, or something of the sort, would be more prudent than February; it's now March and there's more discontent because no delivery information has been given.  In addition, it would be nice if, when a date is given and cannot be met, concerned fans were updated.

I'm very happy we get a live thread with the full premiere of EI and can stream it until our physical copy arrives.  

I don't mind the $40. It's not a lot. It's just frustrating that after so many years these gift issues are never resolved. Also hopefully from now on the quality of the gifts are better moving forward.

At the end of he day I just think U2.com could offer more. U2 has such a huge catalog of live performances, it would be great they could offer it as downloads more often. It’s sitting there, why not share it with the faithful. Just a small thing like that would add so much value. My 0.2 cents.

12 minutes ago, OB said:

I don't mind the $40. It's not a lot. It's just frustrating that after so many years these gift issues are never resolved. Also hopefully from now on the quality of the gifts are better moving forward.

At the end of he day I just think U2.com could offer more. U2 has such a huge catalog of live performances, it would be great they could offer it as downloads more often. It’s sitting there, why not share it with the faithful. Just a small thing like that would add so much value. My 0.2 cents.

I would also like what you say.  EI is still with me.  It is helping me not scream at my current president and his bevy of fools until I get thrown into a padded cell. EI being in Berlin brings U2 round full circle and ends with 13. It is not about my country in Europe, as it initially was.  I am trying not to doubt the dark by putting a positive spin on of this and clinging to hope amid the insanity our world is facing.  I am truly already creeped out at the thought of seeing MacPhisto during the premiere..

The mailings and fees and postponed announcements are not pleasant.  I want everyone to be happy.  I am frustrated too but I (just speaking for me) need to let it go without letting EI's light go out no matter how I get it. 

I think $40 to renew or around £30 for me is quite expensive in a non tour year because the gift is the only thing I’m interested in when there’s no tickets to buy. Here on Zootopia I have the same conversations I can have with other u2 fans for free on u2start or a Facebook fan page so there’s no value on here with the membership. The other stuff on u2.com doesn’t really interest me especially when they’re on tour and we get 30 second clips of songs rather than full songs. However despite all that if they give us a good gift and communicate the details and dispatch well then I’m happy. It’s the communication side of things where they’ve failed the most lately. There’s also little touches that would be very easy not too expensive that could make a huge difference in terms of value for money. The Berlin show for example, why not make it available to download in mp3 and hd digital as well as giving us the dvd. It’s only going to save people a job of getting the audio from the dvd and downloading the stream version from somewhere but it would be a good gesture. In tour years in the future I also think they should keep on giving us gifts with a substantial amount of music material and not a 4 song vinyl or lithographs or a book. If they really insist on giving us something like a book as the physical item in a tour year they could at least give us a show to download as well.

On 3/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

I’ll say it again .... where’s my elephant?!

We seem to be out of stock on elephants. Would you accept this APP instead?

• Like 2

I still sub every year but recently it’s gone from bad to worse on here. I couldn’t stream the concert last night which was so frustrating and the gift I chose hasn’t turned up either, the second time it’s happened. I really only keep this going now for presale tickets but with stadium and arena shows you can get presale with Live Nation and phone companies anyway. There’s no tour for a while so I think it’s come to a head and last night was the last straw 😖. I was front row for that concert so I really wanted to see how and what I remembered from the show. I guess ill have to wait, I’m not subbing to 2022 just to watch it. 

Just now, utwothefly said:

I still sub every year but recently it’s gone from bad to worse on here. I couldn’t stream the concert last night which was so frustrating and the gift I chose hasn’t turned up either, the second time it’s happened. I really only keep this going now for presale tickets but with stadium and arena shows you can get presale with Live Nation and phone companies anyway. There’s no tour for a while so I think it’s come to a head and last night was the last straw 😖. I was front row for that concert so I really wanted to see how and what I remembered from the show. I guess ill have to wait, I’m not subbing to 2022 just to watch it. 

Also my GF is waiting for a T shirt from the u2 shop that she ordered 2 years ago. She just can’t be hassled to enquire about it. It takes so long for things to turn up you end up forgetting and by the time you remember it’s almost so long ago you feel like it’s been to long to ask!. 

I've tried renewing my subscription several times from different mobiles, tablet and laptop and with different types of card but still no success. I contacted U2 help and they did reply and said use a desktop and use Chrome. I haven't used a desktop for years, having renewed previously by mobile; I have Chrome on my mobile etc. The only thing I had to update was the address and the website drop down didn't have my address on it so had to enter it manually (both billing and shipping addresses updated). I'm a Red Hill group member and it goes up from $40 to £50 today. It seems after 20 years of membership I can't remain a member despite numerous efforts. Any advice out there?

It's renewal time again. U2 have been the soundtrack to my life for 40 years since buying my import (from Ireland!) copy of Another Day. In these challenging and uncertain times I reflect on the important influence they have had on me. Their music has shaped my life unimaginably. I will inevitably do the necessary and pay the required $40. Reluctant in the knowledge that the band have not played live less than 400 miles from my home since 2015 and the incentive dangled before me is an extended version of a concert I've already watched twice on TV. Another day another dollar....