davidgray

2020 subscription (MERGED)

Honestly? Seems a bit half-hearted to me. If the full show does gets a general public release someone will probably rip the whole thing and upload it to YouTube (already happened with the abbreviated broadcast tracks) so a bit impractical too.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 2

Just remembered  the Paris 2015 gig was broadcast at Christmas 2015 before being released physically in the summer of 2016.

It really does appear that the Berlin show will not go on general release - how could they possibly justify the gift otherwise?

The DVD/Blu Ray really should be in the shops....an audio CD of the show would have made a great gift..Strange decision.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Can I please say that I love you without it getting weird?    😎

Sure! :P :D
Listening the "Experience" CD from the Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE in the meantime... :God-Like_Talent:

Edited by seresere
  • Like 1

Clicks into YouTube.  See's countless videos of the 2018 shows filmed by people on their cellphones in 4K.  Clicks into U2.com and they are offering the very same hi tech show in standard definition on a format from the 90s.  Rubs eyes to see if it's all a joke.  It's not.

• Like 3

Just adding my 2 cents that DVD is not really acceptable in 2020.  U2 uses the most cutting edge tech around for their video screens during their shows - the JT screen is almost 8K for crying out loud! - but somehow we’re supposed to be happy with 480p for our home video release.  Pretty disappointing.

• Like 4

Decent gift, however DVD format? Not even in HD, that’s a joke. Also if it gets released commercially, which it probably will, this years subscription has no value whatsoever and £40 is daylight robbery and I am a fool for resubscribing.

edit: and you can’t use the argument that not everyone has a blu Ray player - I don’t have a record player yet we’ve had vinyl gifts about 3 times out of the last 5!

Edited by adamtaglietti
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just renew my subscription. Something strange occurred: I live in Sofia, Bulgaria and my postal code is 1404. So, it must be: "Sofia 1404". And it always was like that in my previous resubscriptions. But now it automatically changed and my delivery address for the new gift is "Sofia 23 1404". If I look in "My account" on my profile - it is still "Sofia 1404". Anybody else have the same problem?

Edited by perymason

4 minutes ago, perymason said:

I just renew my subscription. Something strange occurred: I live in Sofia, Bulgaria and my postal code is 1404. So, it must be: "Sofia 1404". And it always was like that in my previous resubscriptions. But now it automatically changed and my delivery address for the new gift is "Sofia 23 1404". If I look in "My account" on my profile - it is still "Sofia 1404". Anybody else have the same problem?

You may want to use Contact Us form on the help page: https://www.u2.com/help to make sure it stays correct.