U2Community

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

It's crazy that after so many years, the subscription gift always has an issue to it. You would think the people who manage the site and club would have it figured out by now. From shipping delays to lame vinyl gifts, to no deliveries at all, this keeps happening every single year, 

I would expect the gifts would get better as the time goes by, especially in the years a tour is not on the works. A DVD release in 2020 is a joke. I get many people who don't have Blu-Ray, so release multiple options or at least give a video hi-definition download of the show alongside the DVD. They do that for the vinyl gifts with an mp3 download.

Most people belong to u2.com due to the ticket pre-sales. The content the site provides is very weak and does not justify the annual membership. The gift has always been a nice perk that helps members deal with the cost. I am sure the band doesn't follow what happens here, but you would think they should put the same level of professionalism they have always been about to u2.com.  Come on, get this right.

Edited by OB
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:15 AM, bacadorina said:

My point was that we already have I+E Tour on DVD/Blue Ray, E+I Tour on 2 CD as 2019 subscribers gift (actually I don’t have it as U2.com hasn’t send it to me) and most likely will have an official release of E+I Berlin Show Both on DVD and Blue Ray later this year (mark my words).

In that case, a TJT 2017-2019 Tour release in format of our choice (cd, vinyl or Download) would have been a better gift. The 4 vinyls with only 4 live songs from TJT 2017 Tour were a lousy gift, considering that we all have heard before countless times WOWY, Streets and Still Haven’t Found.

On 2/2/2020 at 8:43 AM, BVB65 said:

You never know what may happen. Being that the band just finished the 2019 JTT less than two months ago, they just may offer a 2019 JTT CD as a gift for 2021. I myself would love to have the other songs off the  JT album as a live version. I do agree that when it comes to The Streets, I Still Haven't Found and With or Without You, they do beat those songs to death. How many live versions of those songs do we need?

Vis a vis, the JT tour video (DVD and/or BluRay).

We know that a show from the JT anniversary tour in Mexico City was filmed for eventual release. The explanation for their not releasing it yet I think is pretty simple: they extended the JT anniversary tour last year and made the decision to do so even earlier (obviously). It would be logical not to have competing JT anniversary items, as it were, on the market at the same time - thus, the delay.

I’m hoping that this will eventually lead to good news, i.e., a show from both 2017 and 2019 shows being released, at least in some kind of deluxe edition - or perhaps one for general release, one for fan club. Hard to say for certain. (Yes, I’m trying to be optimistic again...)

Edited by dmway

It amazes me that people on Facebook think this is a good subscribers gift. They're giving us a 480p quality DVD for a show many of us spent over hundreds of pounds per tickets to see. Its gonna be a massive kick in the face when they give it a commercial release in Blu Ray and 4K and we need to pay out extra to get that.

• Like 1

Ref. The Joshua Tree tour :Auckland_Moon:film that was made.  I read somewhere that this is be getting released later this year in cinemas/ movie theatres and then a home release.  So double wooohooo

:Bananaphisto:

PS: do we get a u2.com shop discount code for resubbing this time?  As I haven't received one yet :POPCart_01:

Edited by joshthetree
PS added
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joshthetree said:

Ref. The Joshua Tree tour :Auckland_Moon:film that was made.  I read somewhere that this is be getting released later this year in cinemas/ movie theatres and then a home release.  So double wooohooo

:Bananaphisto:

PS: do we get a u2.com shop discount code for resubbing this time?  As I haven't received one yet :POPCart_01:

You should get one, according to the renewal notice. I haven’t renewed yet, so I don’t know 100% that it’s there yet, but have you tried logging out and back in to see if it’s on your account page?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joshthetree said:

The company running the shop seems to have changed and they're not sending the discount codes by email any more, but there should be a link on your profile page that includes the code.

Dare I spark a spark in the chamber filled to the brim with  fuel vapours by Asking : " WHEN is the new gift being shipped ? "

1 hour ago, pain_18_ said:

Dare I spark a spark in the chamber filled to the brim with  fuel vapours by Asking : " WHEN is the new gift being shipped ? "

Unknown at the moment... as it has been done in the past, when this information is available you will find it on the site and here...

• Like 1

I, for one, am glad the 2020 subscribers gift is a DVD because I only gave an ‘old’ laptop that plays DVDs & no way to play Blue ray. I’m sure I’m not the Only one.

• Like 2