Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber

Still haven't recieved my 2019 gift yet. After recieving Propaganda magazine in the 80's to signing up to the Interweb ever since, I don't think I'll renew. Apart from Vertigo 05 & JT 2017 I haven't been overly impressed.  The only thing that would grab my attention would be an anniversary of Boy or Actung Baby.

• Like 1
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

According to Peter Kay ‘Blue Ray’ is a bloke who sells dodgy videos down the working mans club!.....

😄

You still are the best sh!t-stirrer here...

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Back on topic , I think this is a good subscription offer.

they can’t please everyone. I didn’t want vinyl and they are still in boxes in a cupboard. 

However I hope like with the vinyl they offer the dvd as a download option to subscribers which seems a fair option.

which reminds me I must renew....

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Honestly, I am happy and excited about the DVD.  I can play it everywhere, get the audio easily.  I guess U2 will release the film on 4k on iTunes or stream it on netflix - and then we can decide that too.  My hunch is that the DVD will be the physical release and a online/streaming version will come out as well.  Also, I am happy for all the fans around that they can see the show easily and the DVD is by far the most common format.  True, 4k would be great, too. And I probably will fork out something to see me an my daughter in the first row (if we made the cut....). I am good with that.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

Is there anywhere that details the extras in the $75 package? The bullet list is vague and I don't want to choose that if it's full of things I already have from previous offers. :)

As for DVD's, I have a ton of U2 DVD's from over there years and I own a DVD player primarily so I can watch them, so it doesn't bother me. The boys have always been technologically forward-facing, so the idea that they are just producing some old technology (vinyl is way more worthless to me than a DVD, personally) to be cheap and uncaring would be a departure from the band. This could be the only physical format for this show, outside of some kind of special collector's edition with a candle that smells like Mr Macphisto's hat sweat.

Even if they release it on all formats, fans pay premiums for early access and bonus content all the time. I mostly buy special editions and such for the photographs, books, and artwork more than the shows.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Mr_U said:

Is there anywhere that details the extras in the $75 package? The bullet list is vague and I don't want to choose that if it's full of things I already have from previous offers. :)

As for DVD's, I have a ton of U2 DVD's from over there years and I own a DVD player primarily so I can watch them, so it doesn't bother me. The boys have always been technologically forward-facing, so the idea that they are just producing some old technology (vinyl is way more worthless to me than a DVD, personally) to be cheap and uncaring would be a departure from the band. This could be the only physical format for this show, outside of some kind of special collector's edition with a candle that smells like Mr Macphisto's hat sweat.

Even if they release it on all formats, fans pay premiums for early access and bonus content all the time. I mostly buy special editions and such for the photographs, books, and artwork more than the shows.

The $75 package is just last years gift and this years gift. 

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 2/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, mich40 said:

You should get one, according to the renewal notice. I haven’t renewed yet, so I don’t know 100% that it’s there yet, but have you tried logging out and back in to see if it’s on your account page?

Thanks, yes it's in my account screen cheers :D

• Brilliant 1
  • bigwave unfeatured and featured this topic