Jump to content
U2Community

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

JT is going to cinema this year last time I heard. Probably will be a dvd release to follow as well. 

That would be awesome to see in a cinema.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, Dean Allison said:

JT is going to cinema this year last time I heard. Probably will be a dvd release to follow as well. 

Not sure about releasing it on movie theaters. If I remember correctly, U2 was not super fond of Rattle & Hum released on theaters back then. 

I would not mind but I am not sure they will go that way. I hope the Blu-ray comes at the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OB said:

Not sure about releasing it on movie theaters. If I remember correctly, U2 was not super fond of Rattle & Hum released on theaters back then. 

I would not mind but I am not sure they will go that way. I hope the Blu-ray comes at the end of the year. 

Anton Corbijn was working on it they filmed the Mexico shows in 2017 and he confirmed a while back the plan was for it to be shown in cinemas. Probably something similar to what happened with the recent depeche mode film that was also given a short run in cinemas. I guess we’ll find out in the near future whether the plans have changed or not but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them stick with what was said albeit quite a little longer down the line than was first expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

Anton Corbijn was working on it they filmed the Mexico shows in 2017 and he confirmed a while back the plan was for it to be shown in cinemas. Probably something similar to what happened with the recent depeche mode film that was also given a short run in cinemas. I guess we’ll find out in the near future whether the plans have changed or not but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them stick with what was said albeit quite a little longer down the line than was first expected. 

That will be great if it is true. I wish U2 released on Blu-Ray the U2 3D movie that as on IMAX few years back. It's shame we cannot find it anywhere. Luckily, I had the chance to watch it but only once. It was pretty cool. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OB said:

That will be great if it is true. I wish U2 released on Blu-Ray the U2 3D movie that as on IMAX few years back. It's shame we cannot find it anywhere. Luckily, I had the chance to watch it but only once. It was pretty cool. 

This is the most recent info about the JT 2017 filming and eventual release - the extending of the JT anniversary tour last year most likely is the cause for putting this on the back burner. We’ll see it eventually:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_joshua_tree_2017_live_from_mexico_city_film

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on shipping... This is quite poor from the band and they really need to step up a bit here. Offering a DVD to fans instead of a digital download is also fairly questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NOLINE82Cork said:

Any update on shipping... This is quite poor from the band and they really need to step up a bit here. Offering a DVD to fans instead of a digital download is also fairly questionable. 

nothing at the moment... once there's any information be sure it will be published on the site and here in Zootopia. For the moment, please be patient and keep checking the site periodically...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am... Believe me but I really am wondering why can't the band take their finger out and provide their loyal fans with a better service. It is not much to ask the when gift are announced that they are available in suitable formats and shipping arrangements made. Crap service like this is driving fans away and the band really needs to take their finger out - the fanbase is dwindling and aging. The last album only went into the Uk charts at number 5 so a serious overhaul of this site is required or U2 is going to become an afterthought 

Edited by NOLINE82Cork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NOLINE82Cork said:

The last album only went into the Uk charts at number 5 so a serious overhaul of this site is required or U2 is going to become an afterthought 

I will agree that it seems strange the fan club has so many issues with shipping, ticketing, and communication in general. But I don't think this site is relevant to the actual music.

I mean...they've given us what...2 albums and 3 tours in the last 4 years or so? That's not bad.

 

They can make it up to us during the 30th Anniversary Achtung Baby Tour...

 

XVeTIpX.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.