Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, ramsatw said:

I will agree that it seems strange the fan club has so many issues with shipping, ticketing, and communication in general. But I don't think this site is relevant to the actual music.

I mean...they've given us what...2 albums and 3 tours in the last 4 years or so? That's not bad.

They can make it up to us during the 30th Anniversary Achtung Baby Tour...

XVeTIpX.gif

2 albums in the last 4 years???

2 albums in the whole decade! We were spoilt with a lot of touring, that's great (and what great tours they were!!!)An extra album would've been better than 'only' two albums. SOE took far more time than planned. I remember the endless wait for SOI (because SOA was planned as a quick follow up to NLOTH) and SOE. 

About the fanclub: they do a lot of great things , but there are things that could be done better. Passing deadlines,  delivery problems, lack of downloads., lack of newsupdates in times of no touring..

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I have no issues with the creative output of the band. I actually think SOE was their strongest album since All That You Can't Leave Behind. I really liked SOI too. I just think the promotion and marketing was dreadful. The Blackout was crying out to be the first single. Best Thing is a dud in its recorded form (live version is much better). They were performing this and American Soul in the build up to the release of SOE and these are two of the weakest tracks on the album. The band looked tired and under rehearsed during these performances. When they performed 'Get Out of Your Own Way' at the Grammys, they were much better but the momentum was lost. There was no build up or interviews done on the website. What about a one off gig in secret location where they did the new album plus a few classics. That would have worked! 

There is little to no innovation in  how the band promotes themselves and the fanclub is a prime example. 

A decent mobile app would be a start. Let members download with with a code and put up a live show recording every month from a classic period (Joshua Tree, War, Zoo Tv). That is just one idea. 

• Upvote 2
  • Subscriber

February is almost over, I wonder if U2.com will indeed keep their promise and mail it in February. 😀

It's amazing after all these years they can't get this right. If this site was as professional as U2, it would be a huge delight to fans. They should offer way more than they actually do. 

• Subscriber

There's an extra february day!!!!  Fingers crossed. There's plenty of time for u2.com to announce all details about the E&I dvd or hopefully blu-ray......🙈🤣🤣🤣

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the promise to mail the subscribers with info in february will be broken....

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the promise to mail the subscribers with info in february will be broken....

No way! Did U2.com ever broke their promises? Never! 🤣🤣☺️

• Subscriber
On 2/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, cristiu2 said:

There's an extra february day!!!!  Fingers crossed. There's plenty of time for u2.com to announce all details about the E&I dvd or hopefully blu-ray......🙈🤣🤣🤣

Have looked at the original post concerning the 2020 subscribers gift but can't see where this promise of a February date.

Can you post the link of this?

Thanks

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, adrnik said:

Have looked at the original post concerning the 2020 subscribers gift but can't see where this promise of a February date.

Can you post the link of this?

Thanks

Here is a link 

https://www.u2.com/news/title/experience--innocence--live-in-berlin

if you scroll down to the end. And here is a screenshot. F5C2A469-6014-4361-9B73-ED9B889300B5.thumb.png.ba85be0caa993f95e9b7c8b4e88ec88b.png

• Community Manager
  • Brilliant 1
  • bigwave unfeatured and featured this topic