U2Community

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

A piece of advice: it's probably not the best idea to discuss and plan how to download, burn, and distribute the stream of a band show on the official site of said band.

• Upvote 3
  • Brilliant 1

10 hours ago, dmway said:

Thanks, Max.

Now I have to hope that the an extra-long HDMI cable isn't cost-prohibitive - if it is, I'll just have to watch on the computer (with associated audio 🙄).

Thanks again.

My son bought a 15ft one over Christmas for $7.99.

• Thanks 1

There’s the legal side of things but realistically every u2.com subscriber will rightfully want to have a downloaded version of the stream to have forever and I think given the cost of a subscription it’s not too much to ask when you compare what sky store charge as an example for a new blu Ray and hd digital download combo (£17.99). In fact u2.com should be openly making it downloadable but the reality is someone will find a way to do it and people will end up getting it technically illegally somewhere else which is just stupid on u2.com’s part. That’s the reality of what’s going to happen whether it’s legal or not, it’s up to u2.com whether they want to make it legal or not. 

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

My son bought a 15ft one over Christmas for $7.99.

Lol! All I want for Christmas is an HDMI cable ! 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Lol! All I want for Christmas is an HDMI cable ! 😉

I mean, this is the kid that built his own computer. lol

• Like 3

Please offer a download of the stream. If not 4K, at least 1080p.

Thanks 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Why couldn't they have just done a normal 4k digital release of the concert instead of this 

Who is making these bad decisions??? They don't exactly know what fans want. Money is the problem. U2 is a multinational moneygrabbing organisation instead of a creative, social band. They better invest in a happy fanbase. I don't blame the band, but I blame their 'bosses'/Live Nation.

I'd wish they had signed to a smaller label. Depeche Mode, Marillion are bands that release the right things in the right way to their fans.

Metallica is doing great things for their fans too:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/metallica-vinyl-club-subscription-launch-2620511

Edited by cristiu2

On 3/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, bigwave said:

(I like both for different reasons)

Yes.  Some times I'm lazy and want to watch from my couch; others I'm in need of the best possible so I get off my butt and put the disc it in the player.  haha

I can't remember if I asked this:  I already have my computer, via HDMI, connected to my TV.  I'm visiting family.  I fly home the day before the premiere.  I won't have time, or means, to change much.  I'm worried I could be mistaken.  It feels like the day before the day before a presale.  Am I missing something or will I be good to go with watching this and being in the live thread?  I'm confused.  Any help would be appreciated.