Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber

C´mon, we have the Live in Paris, and now, practically the same concert but in berlin? And also, in DVD? Really? 45$ for a DVD and a discount coupon? What happened with you guys? The other fan club gift was amazing, but this? i´m dissapointed

• Like 1
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I still don't have IE on BluRay because somethng always eats up my money before I can get around to buying it. .

If I focus on being unhappy with the font when the Sun rises with my name on it-I miss the silent brilliance of the moment. Perhaps they'll release EI for commerical release on bluray, it will be a North America show and many of us will have our hope to have a physical copy of both fulifilled.

Props to U2.  Fantastic gift.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, lombard said:

C´mon, we have the Live in Paris, and now, practically the same concert but in berlin? And also, in DVD? Really? 45$ for a DVD and a discount coupon? What happened with you guys? The other fan club gift was amazing, but this? i´m dissapointed

The same concert ? Are you nuts ? Only eight songs repeated and the Dirty day to Wild horses segment blows anything on the Paris show out of the water !! On a negative note though yes we will have to fork out for the higher quality general release version.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I really hope they offer a digital download as well. I haven't had a DVD or BluRay (not that they offered it) hooked up in two years! 4K streaming is the standard now. This would be like if they had offered a cassette in 1999. Some people still had them but everyone had CDs by then. Come on, U2... step it up!

• Like 4
  • Subscriber

[...] This film captures the entire e+i show [...]

I like it!! :)
And a DVD it's OK for me, because I haven't the Blu-ray player. 
Did I mention I like the picture in the home so much? :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02:
I am only a bit worried :unsure: because of this:

[...] during February we will mail [...]

I've received the shipment notification mail of the previous gift but I don't receive newsletters from the site. :( I don't know why... any help, please? Thanks in advance. :)

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, acrobat9 said:

step it up!

How?   They've given us vinyl, CD's, books, prints (whateveer the format), tshirts, remixes and more as gifts.  What else can they do? 

In addition, they put out the No Line CD and gave us the 360 tour.  We got SOI. They tried to give everyone/anyone a free download via Itunes and got trashed for being arrogant. We got the IE tour.  It was completely innovative and redefined modern indoor rock concerts..  We got TJT30.  Very shortly after that, we got SOE and the EI tour.  They just finished TJT 2019 tour, during which they released a new single.  We got a remix EP from that.

All of it in a ten year perod.

We pay for this website and beig in the fanclub and a discount coupon and a subscribers gift and presales and full acceess to their music/video catalogue and exclusive content and access to special events.. I do not understand why people are so upset and focused on one part of a much larger package.. It it's that awful-caviat emptor.  Look at the ingreidients before you put the product into your cart. Don't purchase it a second time if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. This gift was just announced.  Everyone seems to want EI on disc yet the majorty of reactions to it being our gift are negative.  I do not understand.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Subscriber

How good a gift this is or isn’t will really depend on if it gets a physical release to the general public or not. To renew it cost me around £30. If the show is only going to be released for subscribers or at the very least the physical format is released only for subscribers then I think it’s a good gift. However if they decide to release it publicly on Blu Ray at a cost of usually around £15 then someone who isn’t a subscriber will be getting a better format of the show for half the amount I paid. So as I said it all depends on how exclusive this is to us. 

• Like 5
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Pete the chop said:

The same concert ? Are you nuts ? Only eight songs repeated and the Dirty day to Wild horses segment blows anything on the Paris show out of the water !! On a negative note though yes we will have to fork out for the higher quality general release version.

PLUS ACROBAT !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
When I say that it is the same concert I mean that it is the same stage. 
Why not give as a gift something from The Joshua Tree Tour?
It was a fascinating show. 
We already have SOI in Paris, Innocence And Experience Live and now Experience And Innocence live
in Berlin, but nothing about the Joshua Tree Tour.
Of course I want the subscription gift, but I expected something different
  • Subscriber

Longtime diehard U2 fan here, but last year was my first time subscribing — specifically for the 2CD subscriber gift. I loved it. And I was really looking forward to the full Live in Berlin concert — but honestly assumed it would be a "regular" DVD/Blu-Ray release. $50 just seems really steep for a DVD (DVD!), no matter how much I would love to own it. 

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured and featured this topic