Jump to content

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

They’ve missed the boat. The 4K video is ‘out there’ already. They could have had my money for it, but they didn’t want me to be able to purchase it. Now that opportunity is lost. Did they really think the 4K version wasn’t going to find its way to the internet?

I did resubscribe in the end, just out of goodwill.

Don’t ask me where you can find a copy of the 4K show, I will ignore you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
On 2/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, NOLINE82Cork said:

A decent mobile app would be a start. Let members download with with a code and put up a live show recording every month from a classic period (Joshua Tree, War, Zoo Tv). That is just one idea. 

They designed one 9 years ago for the iPad by a design agency called BLITZ in Los Angeles, but that got cancelled when Live Nation came knocking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Can the mods here contact U2 managements team, or can they pass something to someone who can? I was wondering if we should all write/sign a letter stating that we feel U2. Com could be(and should be) doing more for subscribers. Obviously in the current climate bands fan clubs don't really matter. However it would be great if by the end of the year they had something in place for 2021 where we receive more content. I think last year there were only 3 subscriber specials? now I know that was a touring year for the band but it's not like the band are the ones who actually produce the content themselves. It's just an idea. There's no point in complaining on forums and Facebook because it will get lost. But if we could actually build something collectively, maybe they will take notice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Can the mods here contact U2 managements team, or can they pass something to someone who can? I was wondering if we should all write/sign a letter stating that we feel U2. Com could be(and should be) doing more for subscribers. Obviously in the current climate bands fan clubs don't really matter. However it would be great if by the end of the year they had something in place for 2021 where we receive more content. I think last year there were only 3 subscriber specials? now I know that was a touring year for the band but it's not like the band are the ones who actually produce the content themselves. It's just an idea. There's no point in complaining on forums and Facebook because it will get lost. But if we could actually build something collectively, maybe they will take notice.

That is the main reason Why I didn’t resubscribed this year: U2.com offer barely nothing to the fans for the money they pay.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I think a fair suggestion to start with would be having full song clips when they perform live instead of the 30 second ones we usually get. I don’t think that’s an unfair ask, they’re filming the song anyway why tease paying members with just a bit of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I haven't been shy in airing grievances here, and I empathize with what just has been written above - however, what the set actually looks like was covertly posted here.

If anyone would like a peek, take a look:

https://www.u2.com/music/U2.com+Limited+Editions/4183/U2+eXPERIENCE+%2B+iNNOCENCE+–+LIVE+IN+BERLIN

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dean Allison said:

I think a fair suggestion to start with would be having full song clips when they perform live instead of the 30 second ones we usually get. I don’t think that’s an unfair ask, they’re filming the song anyway why tease paying members with just a bit of it. 

Exactly Dean. They literally film whole songs but choose to give us 30 second clips.

In recent years this site has had 100k plus paying subscribers. That's £4 million give or take. It's not like there's no income coming in to justify more/better content. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Yea I agree completely. 

I think people need to get the message to the band that they have lost their way with the fan club. We should be getting a lot more value for what we pay. I will say that the streaming of the E and I gig in 4k is a big plus and if the zoo tv gig is in hd or 4k then that does show that they are at least making some improvements. 

Edited by NOLINE82Cork
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

The EI gig being streamed in 1080p would only have been a nice touch if it was available on demand forever. Having it only available on demand for a year is poor. After a year we'll be stuck with a 480p copy of a show that was filmed in 4k lol.

 

Zoo TV won't be in HD or 4K because it was filmed on VHS. You physically cannot upscale that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Zoo TV won't be in HD or 4K because it was filmed on VHS. You physically cannot upscale that.

Ah, that’s a little disappointing to hear; I guess the same would apply to PopMart as well.

Would the Elevation and Vertigo tours be able to be upscaled? I think they were shot in higher quality originally.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...