U2Community

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

I'm not 100% sure but I think they could be upscaled.

However I doubt it would be an easy or cheap process so don't think that will happen.

It was not filmed on VHS, it was filmed on 35mm film which contains sufficient picture information for a 4K resolution video transfer. 

Hmm you may be right. I was always told it was video taped and not filmed. However I still doubt u2.com would go through the effort of remastering it and then offering it for "free"

55 minutes ago, tbnyc said:

It was not filmed on VHS, it was filmed on 35mm film which contains sufficient picture information for a 4K resolution video transfer. 

By “it”, do you mean the ZooTV Sydney show?

So, it’s sounding like all of the shows from UABRS to the Vertigo tour theoretically could be upscaled - is that right?

I won’t go on any further than this so I don’t derail things but is there really no way that a few more things could be thrown our way. It doesn’t need to be full shows even but maybe every few weeks a full live video of just one song even. I’m not just talking about now while we’re in lockdown I’m talking about with the site in general. Surely someone’s reading this that can at least try and do something about it. Is it really too much to ask to turn a 30 second video of exit from last year into the full one for us? Maybe a dozen videos over a year of full songs live? 1 a month. 

• Like 1

Instead of hijacking this thread I've made a new one here: 

Feel free to continue all discussions around U2.com there

• Brilliant 1

I would just to say I STILL have not received my JT vinyl from what 2 years ago, or maybe 3?????????? Now I can't even call periodically for an update. I just don't understand why they can't take care of this problem.  I was always told that I would be getting it, just be patient. Really, I think PLENTY of time has passed for everyone to receive their gift. I've been a fan club member since 1988, Maybe during this downtime someone could get this taken care of, once and for all!!!    PLEASE111

On 3/17/2020 at 7:03 AM, OptimaX said:

They’ve missed the boat. The 4K video is ‘out there’ already. They could have had my money for it, but they didn’t want me to be able to purchase it. Now that opportunity is lost. Did they really think the 4K version wasn’t going to find its way to the internet?

I did resubscribe in the end, just out of goodwill.

Don’t ask me where you can find a copy of the 4K show, I will ignore you.

That's exactly what I think.

We've had beautiful deluxe packages in the past,  now, with those streams there has come an end to the great fun of collecting. I would've  paid  for a decent 4kbluray , with Nice artwork AND extras. And I know I'm not the only one here.

Streamings,  ok, but let the fans choose.  Same with the ZooTV stream. Sell a BluRay, with extras as well. Bluray isn't dead. There are lots of bands releasing in this format. Depeche Mode is releasing a beautiful package in June.

I don't know where this management is going to but one thing is for sure,  my fun in looking forward to fysic releases is over and with that definately some interest in this band.

Hope the mods will get these signals to their bosses: management and band. But I think the poor releasing strategy will not come to an end. Unfortunately.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, NOLINE82Cork said:

Yea I agree completely. 

I think people need to get the message to the band that they have lost their way with the fan club. We should be getting a lot more value for what we pay. I will say that the streaming of the E and I gig in 4k is a big plus and if the zoo tv gig is in hd or 4k then that does show that they are at least making some improvements. 

I’m guessing their Live Aid contract has a Lot to do with what happens with U2’s material.