Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, deflep6202 said:

Has anyone had tracking numbers update? Not yet in the system 3 days later...

For past gifts, my tracking number did not show for a while - a week or more. It usually takes a while for the package to get from the warehouse to the USPS center..  If I remember correctly, I did not get my tracking number until USPS processed the package for delivery.  Don't fret over three days.  That's been very normal in the past.  FYI

No email here yet but seeing others get theirs is fanastic news.    :SoE_01:

• Subscriber
On 6/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, dmway said:

...and check your emails!

I just got one saying my copy has shipped! 😮

On 6/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, skapus said:

Same here!  Maryland fyi.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, JCF said:

I got my email about shipping, too! In NH. 

6 hours ago, notthesame said:

Received shipping notice in Montgomery Alabama today!

I forgot to mention that mine was for PA (Philly suburbs).

3 hours ago, deflep6202 said:

Has anyone had tracking numbers update? Not yet in the system 3 days later...

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

For past gifts, my tracking number did not show for a while - a week or more. It usually takes a while for the package to get from the warehouse to the USPS center..  If I remember correctly, I did not get my tracking number until USPS processed the package for delivery.  Don't fret over three days.  That's been very normal in the past.  FYI

No email here yet but seeing others get theirs is fantastic news.    :SoE_01:

Yes, I can confirm the delay on the tracking number info that Manohlive just mentioned - when I saw the number, I rolled my eyes and giggled a little bit. It always leads to a frustrating nothingness in the short term (of course, I searched using the number anyway - ever the optimist! Also, for this DVD, I think UPS is the carrier this time instead of USPS.)

Once you can actually search for it, delivery is imminent. I also remember stuff being delivered without the number ever going live.

I'm wondering is this pattern is the new normal for subscription gift delivery, i.e., a relatively quick delivery after a very delayed delivery for the previous year. The JT vinyl singles were endlessly delayed, and the following year the U2-3D album came quite quickly. Last year's gift was very late (and some still don't have it); now, there seems to be compensatory delivery speed again - and during a pandemic to boot!

This has been the best post-tour year in terms of site activity since the years immediately after the U2360 tour. I hope it continues!

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes, I can confirm the delay on the tracking number

I was one of the first to get last year's gift.  It took 10 days or so for it to get to USPS and the tracking number appear.  I think the process sped up once it got going.   How do you say it is UPS this time?  That's a change.  I'm looking forward to showing people I know the Charlie Chaplin beginning to the show.  I've had a few friends watch it on YouTube.  Even my never, ever mention U2 to me again buds liked it. 

Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses live.  😀😀😀

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was one of the first to get last year's gift.  It took 10 days or so for it to get to USPS and the tracking number appear.  I think the process sped up once it got going.   How do you say it is UPS this time?  That's a change.

Well, every time I click on the link, it goes to the UPS site, not the US Postal Service site. 😀

Let's see if that method creates a difference in expected arrival times.

• Community Moderator
2 minutes ago, dmway said:

Well, every time I click on the link, it goes to the UPS site, not the US Postal Service site. 😀

Let's see if that method creates a difference in expected arrival times.

Just remember there are several things going on in the world right now that could affect the delivery time. I have currently been waiting a month for a package from a company that in the past would only take 3-5 days. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, mich40 said:

Just remember there are several things going on in the world right now that could affect the delivery time. I have currently been waiting a month for a package from a company that in the past would only take 3-5 days. 

Agreed - I'm a long-standing veteran of U2.com gift deliveries, like yourself. I promise I'm not being overly optimistic about the speed. It gets here when it gets here.

Having said that, I have been impressed with how quickly I have gotten orders recently in general, especially from Amazon. They have been almost lightning-quick, even though everything I order uses the free shipping option.

The fact that the DVD is ready to ship already is pleasing in and of itself - U2.com even sent a separate e-mail today confirming that they have already arranged it. That's far better than most years, especially non-touring ones.

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator
11 minutes ago, dmway said:

Agreed - I'm a long-standing veteran of U2.com gift deliveries, like yourself. I promise I'm not being overly optimistic about the speed. It gets here when it gets here.

Having said that, I have been impressed with how quickly I have gotten orders recently in general, especially from Amazon. They have been almost lightning-quick, even though everything I order uses the free shipping option.

The fact that the DVD is ready to ship already is pleasing in and of itself - U2.com even sent a separate e-mail today confirming that they have already arranged it. That's far better than most years, especially non-touring ones.

That’s great for you...you must be near a warehouse. It hasn’t been that quick here, and with current curfews, delivery people are having to cut their shifts short. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, mich40 said:

That’s great for you...you must be near a warehouse. It hasn’t been that quick here, and with current curfews, delivery people are having to cut their shifts short. 

Yes - PA I think has a couple of warehouses, and one is close-ish to me. That must be the reason.

Better luck to you with your deliveries and to all of us for the DVD.