Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Subscriber

Nice ro hear they are received already in some places.

Can somebody  tell me if the quality of the concert is great in DVD-terms? I know it's not 1080p (still a shame) but I like to know if it's viewable.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Nice ro hear they are received already in some places.

Can somebody  tell me if the quality of the concert is great in DVD-terms? I know it's not 1080p (still a shame) but I like to know if it's viewable.

It is great.  We watched the first half of the DVD on Saturday night.  It looks great.  It sounds even better.  Personally, I prefer DVD quality to BluRay.  I have BluRays of shows which look too perfect.  It's almost like they're not real.  I prefer the grittier picture.  It makes the show seem more real/accessible.  That is just me.  It's awsome. 

• Subscriber

The Stay/Faraway So Close perfomance on this DVD is spooky and almost prophetic when they're playing to an empty house.  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

The Stay/Faraway So Close perfomance on this DVD is spooky and almost prophetic when they're playing to an empty house.  

God, I hadn't even thought about that... spooky indeed!

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It is great.  We watched the first half of the DVD on Saturday night.  It looks great.  It sounds even better.  Personally, I prefer DVD quality to BluRay.  I have BluRays of shows which look too perfect.  It's almost like they're not real.  I prefer the grittier picture.  It makes the show seem more real/accessible.  That is just me.  It's awsome. 

Thanks for sharing your view!👍

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

So, by your own logic, you should prefer VHS tapes to DVDs - even grittier picture! 😄

For BluRays, it’s not just the sharper picture, it’s the better sound too - those are just matters of physics.

However, I’m happy with the DVD for now, especially since I think someday the streaming hi-def version will be downloadable and/or Universal Music will yield to its acquisitive nature and put a hi-def version on the market in some way eventually.

I’m happy that the site seems to be making a real effort this year. As I said earlier, this is their best performance during a non-touring year since the post-U2360 years.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, dmway said:

So, by your own logic, you should prefer VHS tapes to DVDs - even grittier picture! 😄

Lol.  I would not go that far.  I don't notice enough between DVD and BluRay for it to matter.  That is my official stance on this hotbed.  😜

• Subscriber

Hey y'all ! i've received the shipping email + tracking (that ain't working (yet)) but when I take a look at the order in my profile i've got this "Shipping Method :No shipping" 

Anyone else with the same issue ? it's prob nothing but just in case ^^

• Like 1