Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A DVD??? We are in 2020 guys! Have you heard about Blu-ray? UHD 4K Blu-ray? This is ridiculous!

Christ above you can't please everyone can you! I for one am very happy and appreciative with this gift!

I think this gift is wonderful.  I'm shocked they would release EI as a subscribers gift. I am very happy.  DVD versus BluRay-I don't care.  It'll be a good picture and it will have great sound.  I st

Posted Images

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, soey said:

I have a question, is it normal that while Elevation the DVD freeze/stop for a moment and then goes on?

This is most probably a normal layer transition, and it is on virtually every DVD. The best done ones place it where there is some kind of pause in the action.

I didn’t notice it during that song when I watched my copy; I’ll watch that section again to see if I notice it during “Elevation”. I do remember a layer transition while watching it; I just can’t remember where.

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, dmway said:

This is most probably a normal layer transition, and it is on virtually every DVD. The best done ones place it where there is some kind of pause in the action.

I didn’t notice it during that song when I watched my copy; I’ll watch that section again to see if I notice it during “Elevation”. I do remember a layer transition while watching it; I just can’t remember where.

Thank you I just wasn't sure as it was so like "stop" but might seems so because of the action around it (I'm not 100% sure if it was Elevation but quite sure) thank you for checking🤗

• Subscriber
On 7/16/2020 at 2:47 AM, soey said:

Thank you I just wasn't sure as it was so like "stop" but might seems so because of the action around it (I'm not 100% sure if it was Elevation but quite sure) thank you for checking🤗

You're welcome - it's not exactly a chore to re-watch a segment of a great show! 😄

OK - I re-watched the section from HMTMKMKM to the opening of EBTTRT and I didn't notice a pause this time. However, that section of the show would be the ideal place for a layer transition because it is basically the middle of the concert. There were some posters back a page or two on this thread who unfortunately had the problem where the DVD just stops playing during "Vertigo". My best guess would be that the layer transition on their DVDs didn't work on their players - this is almost always the fault of the DVD and not the player (unless it happens on many DVDs that you play on it - then that is a good sign that you probably need a new player).

However, as I said in my first reply, I did notice the layer transition during the first time I watched it. I just didn't see it this time. Try playing it again - if it pauses then plays in the same spot, it's just the layer transition of the DVD on your copy.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, dmway said:

You're welcome - it's not exactly a chore to re-watch a segment of a great show! 😄

OK - I re-watched the section from HMTMKMKM to the opening of EBTTRT and I didn't notice a pause this time. However, that section of the show would be the ideal place for a layer transition because it is basically the middle of the concert. There were some posters back a page or two on this thread who unfortunately had the problem where the DVD just stops playing during "Vertigo". My best guess would be that the layer transition on their DVDs didn't work on their players - this is almost always the fault of the DVD and not the player (unless it happens on many DVDs that you play on it - then that is a good sign that you probably need a new player).

However, as I said in my first reply, I did notice the layer transition during the first time I watched it. I just didn't see it this time. Try playing it again - if it pauses then plays in the same spot, it's just the layer transition of the DVD on your copy.

Thank you! I'll watch it again and have an eye on it.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Ledaig said:

Had a panic when first received my copy. Saw NTSC and thought this won't play on DVD player, but all good.

Yes - NTSC discs (provided they aren’t encoded to a specific region, and music-oriented DVDs are almost always region-free) will play worldwide. Unfortunately, PAL discs, even if they are region-free, won’t play on NTSC players (i.e., music fans in the US, Canada, and Japan would be out of luck).

Thus, almost all music DVDs which are released worldwide are NTSC.

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic