U2Community

Announcing our 2020 subscription offer : 'U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN'

If this does get a commercial release, presumably on BluRay, it won't say "U2COM15" on it.  I guess it's my obsessive-compulsive nature, but this alone makes it different enough for me.  As long as they continue to provide a subscriber gift I will continue to subscribe and not worry about what it is.  I love all of them, including the vinyl that sits on my shelf never played.  I have U2COM1 through U2COM14, so no stopping now :).

• Like 1

Brilliant can't wait to get this package, hope it'll be the same format book like the CD edition last year.  Don't really care if it's DVD, bluray or VHS ... it'll be great. Wooohoooo:Bananaphisto:            

• Like 1

I'm happy that this show is being released, but I think it's a tremendous step down to have to go from the TV broadcast version being in high definition to a standard definition disc - especially when every U2 live video release since 2009 has had a Blu-ray high definition option.  I understand and respect that not every subscriber has Blu-ray, but it's been industry standard for some time to include both a Blu-ray disc and DVD in the same package - it only bumps up the manufacturing cost about 50 cents to do so.  U2.com has had no problem with sending out gifts in formats that not all subscribers have; I doubt everyone has a record player, but they send out vinyl.  This is a baffling decision.

Unless, of course, the band is separately planning on releasing a Blu-ray version for sale to the general public.  Which would be frustrating in its own right, because then I'd essentially have to pay for it twice.

• Like 2

Brilliant show! 

Looks like the talented entrepreneur  Jordon Hewson in clips. She is awesome x

Our love for this planet will win. To be sure :)

(that’s Aussie for we love you too)

The Screen was 4K

The show was filmed in 4K

Then broadcasted partially in 4K

Then released in 480p to the fan club only?

This downgrade is an insult to the creative team that filmed and produced the show.

I’m sorry, but I struggle to believe all this Producing this show was way more expensive, and only Live Nation getting the subscribers’s money?

I’m pretty sure they’ll have to release a complete 4K show somehow. I’ll be waiting for that. 

If U2.com changes their minds about this, I’m happy to resubscribe, but with no pre-sales in the near future, I’m not gonna waste my money this year. I’ll get it on eBay or something.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm also disappointed that it's a dvd only option.   I've gotten to use to watching content in HD over the last 15 years.   It's hard going back and watching SD content on a nice TV.  Streaming/Bluray's it's all HD now.   It's almost like when I was a kid and having a rough time watching things that were B&W. 

I'm not going to shell out for a DVD, but if they add a bluray option I'd be all over it.

• Like 2

I have read all of the comments on this thread and understand everyone's point of view on this. I tend to agree with Manohlive that a lot of the negative comments are because of issues with the service we have received over the last few years, in terms of delays on gifts, problems with ticket bookings etc etc

For me personally, would I have preferred BluRay - of course, however for me the important thing is that whatever the gift it is exclusive to the Fan Club - and not just essentially a presale of something that goes on general sale later.

• Like 1

One more flag for the Blu-ray! It makes absolutely no sense to make this available in DVD when we subscribers are actually interested in content. The only reason I can think of for somebody to be happy with whatever the format/quality as long as it is and exclusive release is to make a profit by reselling it, which certainly is not the spirit of membership.

The video (and audio!) quality of a DVD release is definitely inferior to the one in Blu-ray or even streaming, and anyone who's been watching audiovisual media in the past 10 years can definitely notice that. As a subscriber, I'm here because of the exceptional content (and pre-sales ;) ), so its quality is extremely important.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, RangerOne said:

One more flag for the Blu-ray! It makes absolutely no sense to make this available in DVD when we subscribers are actually interested in content. The only reason I can think of for somebody to be happy with whatever the format/quality as long as it is and exclusive release is to make a profit by reselling it, which certainly is not the spirit of membership.

The video (and audio!) quality of a DVD release is definitely inferior to the one in Blu-ray or even streaming, and anyone who's been watching audiovisual media in the past 10 years can definitely notice that. As a subscriber, I'm here because of the exceptional content (and pre-sales ;) ), so its quality is extremely important.

The reason I want it to be exclusive is so that I’m getting some sort of value for money. At £30 for a limited release it’s easier to stomach than if it then gets released for £15 in blu Ray commercially meaning I will have paid more for less quality. It’s principle as much as anything.  Whilst blu Ray would be better I can accept dvd in the exclusive circumstances after all it was good enough for zoo tv, Popmart, elevation and vertigo tour to only be released as DVD’s and I enjoy all of them. 

Edited by Dean Allison
  • Like 2