#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

• Subscriber
Just now, Manohlive said:

I hope the singer found peace after he lashed out on the internet.  I felt bad for him.

Yup... Frankly on the floor we were just taken into that energy, trying to be the best we could be. I felt a bit let down after I saw that... God knew I had no strenght left and i battled so hard for EODM... Anyways. Sometimes music has to be just music. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome guys to this new thread that will hopefully be filled with laughter and conversations and will turn into a nice chapter of the zootopians resilience. ✌️   Ghost towns are emerging al

Long post...but as many know, Rattle and Hum means the world to me, and I’m sharing this for probably the 269th time.  Gloria drew me in in 1983 and I was a fairly casual fan until 1988. But I wo

People seemed to enjoy my scrapbook pages. Here’s my pages for my Vertigo shows. 

Posted Images

• Community Moderator

Thanks to everyone that joined us. Thanks @Madfl3a for the personal insight to the show. Until we meet again, stay safe and stay well, everyone.

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator

simply fantastic!!! thanks to @Madfl3a and thanks to everyone for their comments, photos and remembrances... stay safe, girls and boys and let's see what the future brings to us...

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Thank you all. I think I needed the U2Fam to watch that one again. A lot of emotions. For so many reasons... Only thing thats left to say is that U2 is the best band in the world.You can't make that up.

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I probably wouldn’t have watched this show without @Madfl3a having having started the #U2getherathome DVD viewing

Thanks too for taking us on such an emotional journey for this one. 

Stay safe everyone (everyone !)  

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Madfl3a said:

😜

Good night y'all! Thank you! 

IMG_20200502_233238.jpg

This is too good not to quote. 😄

I hope today was a good catharsis for you the same way the original show was. Thank you again for writing your your original pre-DVD-showing review of your experience - it was very heartfelt and revelatory. (So much so, in fact, that you conjured up even more memories from 2001 for me - I wrote about some in my Elevation show review last week after we watched the Boston show, but I wasn't going to expand upon that post any further this week - last week was Boston and 2001; this week was about Paris and 2015. Since we still have another Elevation tour show left to watch together, I can save those rediscovered recollections for later.)

I didn't have a pre-show post for this tour because this was the only tour I missed from 1986 onward. (The reasons why are explained in my "U2 and Mother's Day" post from 2017.) However, after watching this show again, I did remember something that I wanted to post here while the memories of this show are still fresh. I was still living in England when this tour occurred - so, the news reports about the 13th November, 2015 attack were all over the news. After all, the English Channel is only 21 miles (34 kilometers) wide at its narrowest point from France. (Of course, these senseless attacks would indeed end up crossing the Channel in the intervening years in Manchester and London.) Anyway, there was the most moving of stories that came out of France in the immediate aftermath. I was reminded of it when Bono spoke about "love over fear" before "Streets" got started during the show. I'm sure Bono and the rest of the band must have seen this news report too - I'm pretty sure the story went worldwide.

It was the most potent rejection of the terrorists' desire to instill fear in the general public I had ever seen/read. If you have not seen this before - or if you have, but you just have forgotten about it - be forewarned. It will make you cry. Here is the story:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/bataclan-paris-victim-helene-muyal-husband-antoine-leiris-killers-open-letter

I was so impressed that he was able to be so articulate when he was going through the most intense pain of his life. It was a truly inspiring open letter.

I'm very glad that U2 come back so quickly after the tragic event too - they were needed and they went. I didn't see any shows from this tour in person, but this show got to British TV in record time - so, I did get to see this show not very long after it occurred. Therefore, it ended up being "my show" for this tour by proxy. It was an emotionally fraught time, and I'm glad our band was able to help in the healing.

Edited by dmway
  • Brilliant 2
  • mich40 locked this topic
  • mich40 unfeatured this topic
  • mich40 unpinned this topic