#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, dmway said:

This is too good not to quote. 😄

I hope today was a good catharsis for you the same way the original show was. Thank you again for writing your your original pre-DVD-showing review of your experience - it was very heartfelt and revelatory. (So much so, in fact, that you conjured up even more memories from 2001 for me - I wrote about some in my Elevation show review last week after we watched the Boston show, but I wasn't going to expand upon that post any further this week - last week was Boston and 2001; this week was about Paris and 2015. Since we still have another Elevation tour show left to watch together, I can save those rediscovered recollections for later.)

I didn't have a pre-show post for this tour because this was the only tour I missed from 1986 onward. (The reasons why are explained in my "U2 and Mother's Day" post from 2017.) However, after watching this show again, I did remember something that I wanted to post here while the memories of this show are still fresh. I was still living in England when this tour occurred - so, the news reports about the 13th November, 2015 attack were all over the news. After all, the English Channel is only 21 miles (34 kilometers) wide at its narrowest point from France. (Of course, these senseless attacks would indeed end up crossing the Channel in the intervening years in Manchester and London.) Anyway, there was the most moving of stories that came out of France in the immediate aftermath. I was reminded of it when Bono spoke about "love over fear" before "Streets" got started during the show. I'm sure Bono and the rest of the band must have seen this news report too - I'm pretty sure the story went worldwide.

It was the most potent rejection of the terrorists' desire to instill fear in the general public I had ever seen/read. If you have not seen this before - or if you have, but you just have forgotten about it - be forewarned. It will make you cry. Here is the story:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/bataclan-paris-victim-helene-muyal-husband-antoine-leiris-killers-open-letter

I was so impressed that he was able to be so articulate when he was going through the most intense pain of his life. It was a truly inspiring open letter.

I'm very glad that U2 come back so quickly after the tragic event too - they were needed and they went. I didn't see any shows from this tour in person, but this show got to British TV in record time - so, I did get to see this show not very long after it occurred. Therefore, it ended up being "my show" for this tour by proxy. It was an emotionally fraught time, and I'm glad our band was able to help in the healing.

That story made me cry (I'm a very good cryer as you already know). Thank you for posting it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome guys to this new thread that will hopefully be filled with laughter and conversations and will turn into a nice chapter of the zootopians resilience. ✌️   Ghost towns are emerging al

Long post...but as many know, Rattle and Hum means the world to me, and I’m sharing this for probably the 269th time.  Gloria drew me in in 1983 and I was a fairly casual fan until 1988. But I wo

People seemed to enjoy my scrapbook pages. Here’s my pages for my Vertigo shows. 

Posted Images

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, andryu2 said:

That story made me cry (I'm a very good cryer as you already know). Thank you for posting it. 

Well, I did warn you... 😄

More seriously, though, when I saw that story on the news, I was very impressed that that journalist could have come up with something so level-headed and inspiring during a time he must have been feeling nothing but pain - I was deeply moved by it at the time, and it was too memorable and appropriate to our watching the Paris show not to share.

Thank you.

• Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, dmway said:

That's a good call, I think...unless the site itself comes up with something special for next Sunday.

If that happens, I guess we could have dual celebrations - whatever the site has planned (if anything) for Sunday and our usual meeting on Saturday. I hope that the site, if they have anything special planned themselves, lets us know ASAP.

I’m voting for both - I’m from the future, so a Sunday night par-tay is early o’clock Monday for me 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, sukhjitkamal said:

"1080p" again?

I think I'll be bouncing too much to notice the difference 🤣

No for real, no idea. Maybe our dear Zoo mods know something? 

Edited by Madfl3a
  • Community Moderator
21 minutes ago, Madfl3a said:

I think I'll be bouncing too much to notice the difference 🤣

No for real, no idea. Maybe our dear Zoo mods know something? 

we don't know - it's very possible that the answer may appear, eventually, on the FAQ section of the help page...

but we do know that it's not the main purpose of these streams... apart of soul, the goal is also the connection with the community, even if it ended to be in 360i...

• Subscriber

I actually would love to see U2 release live videos of concerts we have not seem and are store on their vaults. Bringing these already seem/sold videos doesn't do anything for me.

U2 has a huge concert library of videos and audio that could be shared among club members. If editing videos takes too long or cost too much, then release the full audio of old tours. How difficult would that be? Talking about adding value to the membership.

Now during the pandemic U2.com could very well release once a month one never seem/heard full concert of each tour, That would be awesome. We know they have it. They record every show. Please consider it!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, OB said:

I actually would love to see U2 release live videos of concerts we have not seem and are store on their vaults. Bringing these already seem/sold videos doesn't do anything for me.

U2 has a huge concert library of videos and audio that could be shared among club members. If editing videos takes too long or cost too much, then release the full audio of old tours. How difficult would that be? Talking about adding value to the membership.

Now during the pandemic U2.com could very well release once a month one never seem/heard full concert of each tour, That would be awesome. We know they have it. They record every show. Please consider it!

Well, that may already be the plan. The perfect way to test the system, as it were, would be to show what is already available. They are fully mixed and mastered and ready to go. (It also buys more time to get additional shows ready.)

I’m sure this is their intention going forward, i.e., to bring shows to subscribers that haven’t been available before. How long it takes, well, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ For now, I’m going to give them credit for making a non-touring year more interesting than usual in quite a while.

• Subscriber

Totally not excited or interested.  Yet ANOTHER  stream of something we have already dozen of times in our faults....

Yes, u2.com is very original in putting things online fans already have or have seen a lot of times. More artists come up with exciting, original material. 

• bigwave locked this topic
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic