Madfl3a

#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

2 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Totally not excited or interested. 

Thanks for your take on this...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Totally not excited or interested.  Yet ANOTHER  stream of something we have already dozen of times in our faults....

Yes, u2.com is very original in putting things online fans already have or have seen a lot of times. More artists come up with exciting, original material. 

Well... If you read up that thread from the beginning I think you might get the why rather than the how... 

We've been using those shows as a way to come together, share a moment of joy and let those 4 guys lift us up from the current situation. 

It's been a real highlight for me in my reality, and I know I'm not the only one. 

It's not really about the show... More about us as a community, being united through those hard times and finding some solace in that music and the memories attached to it. 

We have fun. We get to carry each other. It might be a couple of hours a week, but it does make a difference. At least for some of us. 

Sometimes there is a light... And sometimes we can just switch it on on our own :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, sukhjitkamal said:

"1080p" again?

I asked in the other thread that you started as well; however, let me ask here as well. What is your objective evidence of your claim?

I very much want this to be true, but I'm not willing to be a victim of scotoma/confirmation bias just to think it. I watched this show on DVD when the original stream was occurring, then watched the stream during the two day window that it was available, then watched the DVD again to write my review of the show. Despite my desperately wanting to see/hear a difference, I simply could not see/hear one. I'm quite happy to be wrong about this; I would just like some kind of verifiable proof.

53 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

we don't know - it's very possible that the answer may appear, eventually, on the FAQ section of the help page...

but we do know that it's not the main purpose of these streams... apart of soul, the goal is also the connection with the community, even if it ended to be in 360i...

Yes, I agree. That is clearly the main intention.

However, asking the question about whether the stream is SD or HD is still relevant. When it was asked by a few subscribers for the last stream, some people wrongly misinterpreted the question that was only ever seeking information about the stream as if it were some kind of complaint about it. It wasn't then, and it isn't now. Could we please have this information in advance whether the stream is SD or HD? There are many people who can stream, but setting up for streaming is very difficult (e.g., your humble poster here). Jumping through the technological hoops for the Berlin show was absolutely worth it - it was HD and awesome! It wasn't worth it so much for the ZooTV show; I saw no difference between the DVD and the stream.

Now, let's not misconstrue this statement as a complaint. It isn't. The fact that the show is streamable is an advantage for those who enjoy streaming and find it easy to stream. However, not everyone here is in that group. It would be good to know the nature of the stream so that proper preparations can be made in advance for those who find it more difficult to stream. That's all we're asking. Pretty please with sugar on it...

41 minutes ago, dmway said:

Well, that may already be the plan. The perfect way to test the system, as it were, would be to show what is already available. They are fully mixed and mastered and ready to go. (It also buys more time to get additional shows ready.)

I’m sure this is their intention going forward, i.e., to bring shows to subscribers that haven’t been available before. How long it takes, well, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ For now, I’m going to give them credit for making a non-touring year more interesting than usual in quite a while.

Well, I hope you are right but honestly I am skeptical. I would think by now releasing unseen/unheard footage/audio would be a no brainer. 

Still a have a tiny bit of hope the moderators or someone associate with the band can read these forums and take some action. 

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

However, asking the question about whether the stream is SD or HD is still relevant.

could be (by a big, big, stretch) but it's still not the purpose of the thread and of the stream...

Just now, OB said:

Well, I hope you are right but honestly I am skeptical. I would think by now releasing unseen/unheard footage/audio would be a no brainer. 

Still a have a tiny bit of hope the moderators or someone associate with the band can read these forums and take some action. 

The moderators here are very diligent about passing along the concerns raised here. If there is any perceivable inactivity on such things, it is coming from further up the hierarchical chain.

Trust me, I completely understand the skepticism; it does have a proper foundation. I myself have raised very many concerns here about many topics - I think some people only know my ID here because of them. However, as I said earlier, I'm sensing that there is a real desire to make things better. This is already the most active non-touring year on the site that I have seen in a very long time. I think it's a good sign. If it isn't in the long run, I promise to complain along with you. 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OB said:

Not our place to take action...

But be aware that the appropriate people know about these request - but also be aware that there can't be a way to say when - or if - it will happen.

8 minutes ago, dmway said:

Could we please have this information in advance whether the stream is SD or HD? 

I think that either way it will still be the best view one can have from the rail 😂😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dmway said:

I asked in the other thread that you started as well; however, let me ask here as well. What is your objective evidence of your claim?

I very much want this to be true, but I'm not willing to be a victim of scotoma/confirmation bias just to think it. I watched this show on DVD when the original stream was occurring, then watched the stream during the two day window that it was available, then watched the DVD again to write my review of the show. Despite my desperately wanting to see/hear a difference, I simply could not see/hear one. I'm quite happy to be wrong about this; I would just like some kind of verifiable proof.

When the stream begins, check your setting wheel in the play box; you will be able to see what the highest quality available to you is.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

could be (by a big, big, stretch) but it's still not the purpose of the thread and of the stream...

...and the purpose of the thread can still be accomplished by watching the DVD, as it has been for the majority of the shows.

I've already explained everything in as detailed a way as I can. The answer is known by someone, and it is a simple binary one: is the stream HD or it is not? Could we please know in advance. Many subscribers would like to know. Thank you.