#U2getherAtHome - Watch Along Virtual party to get through #SocialDistancing

#U2getherAtHome  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which show would you like to watch ?

• U2 Live at Red Rocks
    • ZOO TV Live from Sydney
    • Elevation 2001 - Live from Boston
    • U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle
    • Vertigo Live from Chicago
    • Popmart live from Mexico City
    • U2360 at the Rose Bowl
    • U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

• Subscriber

Yes great to watch this together, thanks to dmway for helping coordinate and to mich40 and everyone for being there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome guys to this new thread that will hopefully be filled with laughter and conversations and will turn into a nice chapter of the zootopians resilience. ✌️   Ghost towns are emerging al

Long post...but as many know, Rattle and Hum means the world to me, and I’m sharing this for probably the 269th time.  Gloria drew me in in 1983 and I was a fairly casual fan until 1988. But I wo

People seemed to enjoy my scrapbook pages. Here’s my pages for my Vertigo shows. 

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Just now, hillpy2 said:

Thank you for trying to coordinate this viewing of JT Paris 1987!   Today happens to be a rare beautiful Saturday(day off) so I really didn’t want to be inside for anything at 4pm in the sunny afternoon, BUT seeing the videos & these comments is a good thing - it helps to make connections!  You are all such intense FANS!  They do have a huge history of shows, it’d be interesting to see more.

Thank you for making the time to be here for it.

I would suggest Berlin again next, but I think seeing that one again would be better served once more time elapses so that everyone can get the DVD in the mail. (Yes, the streaming is available now, but we have also already done it. Later would probably be better for repeating it.)

I still think a collective viewing of "Rattle & Hum" would work well - we'll see if there is enough interest in the weeks ahead. FWIW, I'd like that to be our next potential effort.

• Like 2
  • Community Moderator
1 minute ago, acrobat said:

Yes great to watch this together, thanks to dmway for helping coordinate and to mich40 and everyone for being there. 

Thank you for joining us too.  Everyone plays a part in making it fun.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, acrobat said:

Thank you!

It did work out ok, didn't it? (Despite the fact that I was almost late. 😆)

There will be more - hopefully with @Madfl3a and others along for the ride.

Edited by dmway
  • Like 3
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, dmway said:

Thank you for making the time to be here for it.

I would suggest Berlin again next, but I think seeing that one again would be better served once more time elapses so that everyone can get the DVD in the mail. (Yes, the streaming is available now, but we have also already done it. Later would probably be better for repeating it.)

I still think a collective viewing of "Rattle & Hum" would work well - we'll see if there is enough interest in the weeks ahead. FWIW, I'd like that to be our next potential effort.

My vote for Rattle & Hum.

To everyone take care, I go to bed.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Ilmajoki said:

My vote for Rattle & Hum.

To everyone take care, I go to bed.

Sleep well! Dream of all of us in Dublin taking up Bono on his offer to have a drink. 🥃🥂🍻🍹🍸🍷🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Now, I'm going to watch the "Outside It's America" documentary.

I love that documentary. Among other things, you learn that Larry's "real" name is "Lardence". 😆

• Like 1
  • Community Moderator
6 minutes ago, dmway said:

I love that documentary. Among other things, you learn that Larry's "real" name is "Lardence". 😆

There's so much to love about it.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, dmway said:

So, enjoy the 4th of July of 1987 in Paris! The show has a couple memorable things: it was one of a handful of shows on the JT tour were "Streets" wasn't played 

I was listening the bonus cd, this came to my mind ”Streets” was not in the set.

Have to humbly admit,I have total forgot two great songs Wave of sorrow and Desert of out love. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Ilmajoki said:

I was listening the bonus cd, this came to my mind ”Streets” was not in the set.

Have to humbly admit,I have total forgot two great songs Wave of sorrow and Desert of out love. 

I mentioned that at the beginning below:

11 hours ago, dmway said:

(First, a P.S. to my post above - I wish they would put the old tour shirts in the shop. I'd replace my JT tour shirt and my original POPMart shirt (the other one I once had that has gone to meet its maker) in a heartbeat. They do do that on rare occasions (e.g., my POPMart shirt I have now was from the U2.com shop - I was very happy to have the opportunity to replace it.) Please make it so, U2.com shop! Thank you.)

I've been in the habit of posting thoughts about particular tours before our communal DVD viewings (mostly because I wasn't able to make the viewing itself); however, I will be here today and I hope as many as possible join us!

The Joshua Tree tour...well, our band finally made the big time. We U2 converts knew they someday would, and this tour was the proof. The crest of the wave that began with the release of "War", continuing through the "War" tour (with important dates at the US Festival and Red Rocks within a week of one another), then the release and tour for "The Unforgettable Fire", leading to their appearance at Live Aid, then co-headliners on the following year's "A Conspiracy Of Hope" Amnesty International stadium tour, the stage was set for them to break through in a big way. All they needed was an album that was so good that it would win over even people who weren't riding on the wave with them: "The Joshua Tree", of course, fit that bill. They became so big that they even made the cover of "Time" magazine ("Rock's Hottest Ticket" was the legend emblazoned upon them). So, the tour was a big deal to current fans and fans that were about to be initiated.

So, enjoy the 4th of July of 1987 in Paris! The show has a couple memorable things: it was one of a handful of shows on the JT tour were "Streets" wasn't played (yes, the e&i tour wasn't the only tour not to have "Streets"; they didn't play it for a few dates even on the original JT tour too - strange to think now, but true), and the band are joined on-stage by a big person - not "big" in the sense of "famous"; "big" in its literal sense - if you haven't seen the show before, you'll see what is being described here. I'll say no more to keep the element of surprise - if you know what I am describing, please refrain from describing it further so that others can enjoy the surprise too. Thank you in advance.

So, let's enjoy Paris again in a little under an hour...

...but I agree - it's very strange to think that it wasn't played.

And those extra songs from the JT sessions were/are great - the two you mentioned are very, very good. I always had a soft spot for "Walk To The Water" - I love that song (and the original "The Sweetest Thing"). They must have contemplated JT as a double album at some point...

• bigwave locked this topic
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic